Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: February 16, 2020
About UsJoin our Winning Team today and start your ownership
journey!--WinCo Foods is a family of 20,000+ employee-owners, with
126 grocery stores and our own distribution and transportation
network operating across 10 states in the American West, Pacific
Northwest and Southwest.-- As the Low Price Grocery Leader we
believe that we make the lives of our customers and employee-owners
better and we do it by focusing on the people and communities where
we operate.--WinCo Foods began in 1967, in Boise, ID, under the
name Waremart, operating stores under the name until 1999, when the
name was changed to WinCo Foods, short for Winning Company.--In
1985, after a group of senior employees purchased a majority
interest in the company, they made the momentous decision to give
WinCo Foods employees a real ownership stake. The WinCo Foods
Employee Stock Ownership Trust (ESOP) was born, creating what has
now become the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United
States.--Today, WinCo Foods is well known and beloved for its
everyday low-prices and engaged employee-owners across our service
areas, encompassing 126 stores throughout Washington, Idaho,
Nevada, California, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma and
Montana.--Heres the best part: The day you start at WinCo Foods is
the day you start building your ownership stake!-- (available at
most locations, check the locations Summary Plan
Description)--Providing for your future self While you may not
think so today, the WinCo Foods ESOP is a path to financial
security. Think about this: to date, we have more than 500
millionaire employee-owners, with hundreds more close behind!--The
formula is simple: work hard and the better you do, the better your
location does. The better your location does, the better the
company does.-- The better the company does, the better our ESOP
does.-- You get an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you
make each year.-- After six years, its all yours, no matter what.--
(ESOP available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan
Description)--You can own a grocery store!--How cool is that? Work
hard, stay focused and it may just support you for the rest of your
life!--In addition, WinCo Foods also offers great Healthcare at
very low cost, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and
sick leave, and competitive wages.--So what are you waiting for?
Apply now!--OverviewJob SummaryCounts receipts from the previous
day, encodes checks, balances the register against reports and
enters data into the computer system. Consistently provides world
class customer service to internal and external customers. Performs
other related work.--Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Totals applicable coupons and void/refund sheets by gathering
checks, food stamps and coupons from registers and sorting
- Verifies balance in the safe by counting all monies found
therein by balancing against a total for the day, operating a
computer, counting down the tills and insuring the right amount of
dollar denominations are in the tills.
- Balances the Money Transfer transactions, money order receipts
and lotto machine against related information.
- Provides information to General Office by running reports,
inputting data by computer terminal, verifying cash and food
stamps, preparing deposits, and inputting department sales and item
- Processes bad checks by inputting, writing-off checks and
sending checks to proper entities (i.e., police, collection agency,
- Performs accounts receivable by inputting data, billing the
customer, sending statements, etc.
- Deposits pop machine money by gathering money from vending
machines and operating a money counter machine.
- Performs duties with honesty and integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned or
- High School Diploma or equivalentExperience:
- Performing 10 key by touch.
- Counting money and performing basic mathematical calculations
(add, subtract, divide and multiply).Ability to:
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal
and external customers.
- Work varied shifts between 3:00 am and 1:00 pm in a 24/7
operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Reach cash register keys.
- Remember various codes and understand/perform duties related to
the bookkeeping system.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Visually read reports, computer screen, etc.
- Perform tasks requiring manual dexterity (e.g., paperwork,
filing, stapling, sorting, collating, etc.).
- Lift 20 lbs. of coins in a bag.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills through oral and written
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.Additional
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).Machines and
- Office machines (computer terminal, copier/scanner, 10-key, fax
machine, telephone, etc)
- Encoder, Coin Counter, Currency Counter.The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by
the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with
Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of personnel may vary.EEO/InclusivityAs
WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversityfrom our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiencesis essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Bakersfield , Bookkeeping Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!