Office Engineer (Project Accounting)
Company: Griffith Company
Posted on: March 28, 2020
At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most
valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work
environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition.
In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking
their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 115+ year
history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a
dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for
growth abounds.We are currently looking for an Office Engineer for
our Central Region in Bakersfield to provide project accounting and
other administrative support.Essential Functions
- Provide job site administration and documentation.
- Assist with project accounting.
- Track submittals, RFC?s, equipment lists and contract change
- Update cost report.
- Develop, update and maintain C.P.M. schedule.
- Track quantities.
- Track daily cost vs. project budget
- Track project logs.
- Preparation of extra work.
- Assist project manager, superintendent and foreman with
planning and supervision of work.
- Maintain liaison with owner?s representatives to ensure it
complies with the estimate.
- Assist in resolving construction problems as required.
- Assist superintendent and foreman with layout and other
- Storm water protection plan. Preparation of work plans.
- Layout drawings of formwork, falsework, and shoring in AutoCAD
- Review and monitor accounts payable, subcontracts and time
- Facilitate job site meetings.
- Monitor safety requirements.
- Worker protection.
- Ensure public safety.EducationMinimum of a bachelor?s degree in
Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combinations of
technical training and related experience.Experience
- Excellent writing, presentation, and computer skills
- Working knowledge of various construction disciplines, cost
control, contract administration, scheduling, safety regulations
and the ability to understand drawings and specifications.
- Project accounting experience is desired.
- Project Engineer License is preferred, but not
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Highly Organized
- Problem Solving
- Results Driven
- Process Oriented
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal & Written)Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to stand and walk at construction
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.Company Benefits PackageIn addition to
offering a comprehensive benefits package for all employees ?
including a superior health benefits package ? Griffith Company
also offers generous performance-based compensation. As part of an
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Corporation, Griffith Company
employees have the opportunity to directly and financially benefit
from the Company's success. Other benefits include vacation time,
sick days, paid holidays, and a 401K program. (Benefits are subject
to eligibility requirements)Relocation assistance will be provided
to candidates outside of the local area on a case-by-case
basis.Visit us at: www.griffithcompany.net.Griffith Company is an
equal opportunity employer and an employee-owned company.
Keywords: Griffith Company, Bakersfield , Office Engineer (Project Accounting), Administration, Clerical , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!