Dental Receptionist 2
Company: Brandon McCullough Dental Corporation
Posted on: November 17, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITIONPosition Title: Receptionist/Front Desk
Coordinator Effective Date: 2/27/2021Reports To: Practice Dentist
or Office Manager, as assigned Location: 210 S. Montclair
St.Status: Nonexempt, Regular, "At Will" Work Status,
Full-timePOSITION SUMMARYUnder direct and indirect supervision, the
Front Desk Coordinator will answer inquiries and obtain information
for general public, patients, visitors, and other interested
parties. This role will provide information to callers and perform
routine clerical and administrative functions such as answering
phone calls, drafting correspondence to patients and insurance
providers, respond to explanations of benefits, scheduling and
confirming appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and
electronic files, presenting cases, track and balance, credit
transactions, and other basic financial support functions.WORKING
- Sitting 80%.
- Standing/walking 20%.
- Moderate noise levels from dental and other lab equipment.
- Medical, office, and lab setting.
- Minimum moving requirements of 35 pounds in order to accept
equipment deliveries and pack and unpack office supplies.
- Frequent client and interoffice personnel interaction as this
position meets and greets patients and is heavily dependent on
excellent customer interaction.
- Hearing - Must be able to hear telephonic equipment and
comfortably communicate with patients and others by telephone and
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within
a few feet of the observer) as required for business software, and
operating office machines.
- Exceptional hand dexterity and typing skills to work with
standard software programs provided.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward
calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct
them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed
- Memorize and use scripts effectively both over the phone and in
- File and maintain records.
- Collect, sort, distribute, and prepare mail, messages and
- Provide information about the practice, such as location of
offices, employees within the organization, or services
- Transmit information or documents to patients using computer,
mail, or facsimile machine.
- Balance credit transactions and provide basic financial
clerical support duties.
- Present cases to patients.
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant,
and cooperative manner.
- Maintain regular attendance and adhere to assigned work
schedule and office policies.
- Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple
deadlines and task assignments.
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in
- Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane,
required in order to participate in continuing education or
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.REQUIREMENTS
- Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA
- Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and
- Must be detail oriented in order to prepare and process
- Must be familiar with Eaglesoft Dental Practice Management
- Must be flexible and understand that job duties may change from
time to time and that this individual may be asked to assist in
other areas of the office.
- Must demonstrate active listening by giving full attention to
what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points
being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting
at inappropriate times.
- Must demonstrate good reading comprehension by understanding
written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills by talking to
others to convey information effectively, and preparing business
- High school diploma.
- Accurate typing at 40 words per minute.
- Minimum of 3 year of office experience.
- Preferred 5 years of experience.ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT BY
EMPLOYEEEmployee Name Employee Signature DateJob Type:
Full-timePay: $15.00 - $24.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Retirement planSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftCOVID-19 considerations:Plexiglass shielding in
reception area. Advanced air filtration system.Education:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Dental receptionist: 3 years (Required)
- Eaglesoft: 3 years (Required)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Brandon McCullough Dental Corporation, Bakersfield , Dental Receptionist 2, Administration, Clerical , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!