Administrative Secretary (HS&W)(11 Months)(Revised)
Company: Panama-Buena Vista Union School District
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Performs secretarial and technical-clerical support and reception
duties, usually following established policies, procedures,
routines, and methods. Assignments can be in instructional or
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Types (keyboards) from copy or standing instructions, forms,
memoranda, correspondence, and reports using established
* Enters data onto established data entry screens of business and
academic transactions (e.g., deliveries, purchase orders, printing
orders, forms, etc.).
* Processes business transactions such as, but not limited to
invoices, accounting documents, enrollment and registration forms.
May receive and account for money paid by others for items such as,
but not limited to, registration fees, instructional materials, and
* Answers a central telephone for a work team and serves as
receptionist to support personnel and serve the public. Answers
common inquiries, makes appointments, and provides information
concerning standards, procedures and programs. Assesses the nature
of calls and refers them to appropriate District resources or
* Greets walk-in visitors, determine their needs, then either route
them to the appropriate person or service or personally completes
the request or transaction.
* Sets up and maintains files using established formats. Assembles,
collates and prepares materials for distribution. Posts information
and documents to records.
* Orders, receives, shelves and distributes supplies and
* Delivers and picks up a variety of mail, forms, and materials
from staff, students, or other departments. Sorts and distributes
* Prepares documents and information packets from established
formats such as those used by faculty, and routine communications
for administrative purposes.
* Compiles information onto established formats and maintains a
variety of records to support regularly recurring reports that are
prepared for administration and external agencies. Extracts data
from existing databases and converts to other formats.
* Contacts other departments and outside agencies to locate
information and/or services not provided by the department.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall
objective of the position.
* Knowledge and Skills:
* Requires basic knowledge of modern office practices, procedures
and equipment including receptionist and telephone techniques and
etiquette. Requires basic knowledge and understanding of methods
and procedures used in alpha-numeric record keeping. Requires basic
knowledge of data entry techniques. Requires a working knowledge in
the use of common personal computer-based office productivity
software. Requires sufficient math skills to perform columnar
calculations, decimals, fractions, etc. Requires sufficient
knowledge of English language, grammar, spelling and punctuation to
prepare correspondence and memoranda. Requires sufficient human
relation skills to greet and work cooperatively with others, inside
and outside the department.
* Requires the ability to perform the duties of the position under
general supervision. Requires the ability to learn, understand and
apply district rules, policies, procedures, and terminology used in
the department of assignment. Requires the ability to use a
personal computer for data entry, word processing, and
spreadsheets. Requires the ability to operate standard office
machines. Must be able to maintain record files and prepare reports
on pre-determined formats. Requires the ability to communicate with
peers and other District staff or public in a manner reflecting
positively on the department and District. Requires the ability to
work varying shifts.
Education and Experience:
* High School diploma or GED.
* Supplemented by course work in general office skills and 2 years
of experience in general clerical, secretarial, and production
keyboarding, or equivalent environment.
Licenses and Certificates:
* Requires a valid driver's license.
* Satisfactory score on the District's clerical screening
* Typing speed of not less than fifty (50) words per minute
(current certificate within one year required or proof of
certification on file with P-BVUSD)
Application Document Requirements:
* High School diploma or GED.
* Typing Certificate 50 WPM (must be dated within 1 year of job
* District Clerical Screening Test
The district offers the Clerical Screening test. Please visit the
Human Resources Testing Page to review testing information and to
register for testing if you need to meet this requirement
Salary and Terms of Service:
Salary range (C6) $21.33 - $25.86 per hour, eight (8) steps, eight
(8) hours per day and five (5) days per week (M-F). Holidays, sick
leave and vacation benefits. Prepaid family dental, medical, and
vision insurance, prepaid life insurance plan for employee only,
prorated according to number of hours worked.
Required Application Procedure:
Apply Online. An online application and all documents supporting
the application requirements noted above must accompany your
application by the closing date in order to receive consideration
for this position. It shall be the applicant's responsibility to
supply copies of all documentation, letters of recommendation etc.
or other related materials.
A screening committee will evaluate each application, personal
resume, and other letters of reference. Interviews will be
scheduled for qualified applicants. If after interviews suitable
applicants are not found, the search will continue. As required by
California State Law, should you be employed by the District, your
fingerprints will be taken and submitted to the Justice Department
and the FBI for a background check. Processing fee will be at
Keywords: Panama-Buena Vista Union School District, Bakersfield , Administrative Secretary (HS&W)(11 Months)(Revised), Administration, Clerical , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!