Senior Production Engineer
Company: Sentinel Peak Resources Management LLC
Posted on: May 14, 2022
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under general supervision, performs all
conventional aspects of engineering work for subsurface and surface
operations in assigned San Joaquin Valley fields. Conducts
engineering studies, evaluates feasibility and economics of
proposed projects. Additionally, resolves existing or potential
production problems. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct production surveillance as part of a multi-disciplinary
team, including leading periodic reviews and reviewing reports, to
optimize production on thermal and primary producing
- Identify opportunities to improve production from active wells
and projects, return idle wells to production, repair damaged
wells, or abandon wells as needed. Submit well work proposals and
coordinate execution with vendors and field operations staff.
- Participate with the team to develop and propose capital and
expense forecasts. Execute, monitor, revise and update forecasts as
- Provide engineering support to field staff for the
installation, operation, optimization, and maintenance of
production facilities, extending from wells to sales points.
- Monitor the performance of thermal or primary production
projects. Identify opportunities and submit proposals to improve
and coordinate implementation and follow-up optimization.
- Maintain programs and services under his/her direction within
budget, ensure deliverables are submitted on time, and ensure all
programs and tasks are completed to meet governmental and
- Monitor and optimize artificial lift equipment. Monitor,
optimize, and remediate injection wells as necessary to maintain
efficient recovery processes.
- Identify equipment and procedures needed to implement new
development or redevelopment projects. Provide production, expense,
capital, and material estimates for budgeting and planning.
- Ensure accurate production allocation by regularly reviewing
well tests and updating well status as needed.
- Interface with Environmental, Health and Safety staff and
regulatory agencies as needed to conduct operations in a safe
manner and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws.
- Minimum of BS in Engineering.
- Minimum of 2-5 years work experience in oil and gas production
preferred; demonstrated proficiency can supersede experience
- Knowledge of oil & gas production operations and
- Knowledge of remedial activities, artificial lift, thermal
recovery, well stimulations, and new well completions.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with
technical and operations staff.
- Able to carry out complex tasks and assignments
- Requires limited supervision; generally, must function
effectively in a team environment but also work independently when
- Compliance with Company safety policy, including the use of PPE
when working in field locations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, engineering surveillance
software such as OFM, and design software preferred. PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS: Visual and manual dexterity are extremely important
for this position as is mobility to walk safely in oilfields, along
proposed improvement corridors, to view potentially impacted areas,
and overall safely traverse irregular terrain. Visual acuity to
safely drive at night and in a variety of weather conditions is
required. The job presents work hazards that are customary in
upstream oil & gas production sites. The incumbent will be subject
to performing sedentary to light work, exerting up to 25 pounds of
force occasionally, or constantly lifting, carrying, pushing,
pulling, or otherwise moving objects, reaching overhead for items,
stooping, bending, and twisting while working. Other physical
activities include the ability to utilize fingers to feel and grasp
objects or work devices as needed and manual dexterity in the use
of the hands, seeing, talking, hearing, performing repetitive
motions and standing for long periods of time. Incumbents must be
able to drive a vehicle, usually a car or light truck, and get into
and out of the vehicle on a regular basis. Requirements include
walking on uneven ground and over or around obstacles or structures
such as pipes or low rails and walls, and up and down stairs on a
regular basis. PM22 PI175757505
Keywords: Sentinel Peak Resources Management LLC, Bakersfield , Senior Production Engineer, Engineering , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!