Senior Reservoir Engineer
Company: Sentinel Peak Resources Management LLC
Posted on: August 4, 2022
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION: Generate shareholder value through the
identification and implementation of field enhancement /
development projects. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct reservoir surveillance of existing company properties
as part of a multi-disciplinary team to monitor production
performance and make recommendations for optimization of production
rates and reserves.
- Conducts Asset Evaluations
- Carry out field and reservoir studies as part of an integrated
team and perform reservoir engineering functions including decline
curve analysis, material balance, volumetric, thermal analytical
modeling, economic analyses, et cetera.
- As part of team, lead the assessment and development of
life-of-field reservoir depletion plans, including supporting the
construction and use of reservoir simulation models as needed.
- Identify, evaluate and initiate exploitation opportunities
including new drill wells and workovers.
- Prepare production forecasts, operating plans, expenditure
forecasts, et cetera. and evaluate economic models for asset
valuations and budget preparation.
- Experience with thermal recovery oil fields is very favorable.
The position will initially focus on oil fields located in the San
Joaquin Valley and/or Coastal oil fields.
- As needed, support exploration teams in the evaluation of
projects including the construction of economic models,
probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis,
production forecasting, evaluation of possible development
scenarios, commercial thresholds, capital commitments, operating
expenses and overall operational plans. Perform risked economic
assessment including decision tree analysis.
- Evaluate and perform detailed assessments of potential
acquisition and divestiture candidates.
- Mentor and assist as needed in the professional development of
less experienced staff Requirements:
- Minimum of BS in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of reservoir engineering experience, with
technical proficiency in all areas of reservoir engineering and an
emphasis on thermal recovery.
- Early career experience in field operations with exposure to
production and drilling activities at a major oil company.
- Must have a working knowledge of commercial oil and gas
economics software. SPR uses ARIES. Training will be provided if
- Working knowledge of field surveillance/management software
extremely beneficial. SPR uses OFM. Training will be provided if
- Must be proficient in use of a PC and Microsoft Office.
- Must have good presentation, communication and technical
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and meet
- Must be a self-starter interested in working in a team-oriented
environment that delivers high-quality, comprehensive, well-planned
work products. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Visual and manual dexterity
are extremely important for this position as is mobility to walk
safely in oilfields, along proposed improvement corridors, to view
potentially impacted areas, and overall safely traverse irregular
terrain. Visual acuity to safely drive at night and in a variety of
weather conditions is required. The job presents work hazards that
are customary in upstream oil & gas production sites. Incumbent
will be subject to performing sedentary to light work, exerting up
to 25 pounds of force occasionally, or constantly lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects, reach overhead for items,
stoop, bend, and twist while working. Other physical activities
include ability to utilize fingers to feel and grasp objects or
work devices as needed and manual dexterity in the use of the
hands, seeing, talking, hearing, performing repetitive motions and
standing for long periods of time. Incumbent must be able to drive
a vehicle, usually a car or light truck, and get into and out of
the vehicle on a regular basis. Requirements include walking on
uneven ground and over or around obstacles or structures such as
pipes or low rails and walls, and up and down stairs on a regular
basis. DISCLAIMER: The position description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. The essential duties,
responsibilities and physical requirements above describe those
functions that are essential to the performance of this job. The
above description does not include all of the duties and
responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this
position will be required to perform any other job-related duties
as requested by management. An Equal Opportunity Employer: race,
color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability,
Veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal,
state, or local law PM22 PI187158502
Keywords: Sentinel Peak Resources Management LLC, Bakersfield , Senior Reservoir Engineer, Engineering , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!