Senior Reservoir Engineer
Company: Sentinel Peak Resources Management LLC
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Description: BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:Generate shareholder
value through the identification and implementation of field
enhancement /development projects.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Conduct reservoir surveillance of existing company properties
as part of a multi-disciplinary team to monitor production
performance and make recommendations for optimization of production
rates and reserves.
- Conducts Asset Evaluations
- Carry out field and reservoir studies as part of an integrated
team and perform reservoir engineering functions including decline
curve analysis, material balance, volumetric, thermal analytical
modeling, economic analyses, et cetera.
- As part of team, lead the assessment and development of
life-of-field reservoir depletion plans, including supporting the
construction and use of reservoir simulation models as needed.
- Identify, evaluate and initiate exploitation opportunities
including new drill wells and workovers.
- Prepare production forecasts, operating plans, expenditure
forecasts, et cetera. and evaluate economic models for asset
valuations and budget preparation.
- Experience with thermal recovery oil fields is very favorable.
The position will initially focus on oil fields located in the San
Joaquin Valley and/or Coastal oil fields.
- As needed, support exploration teams in the evaluation of
projects including the construction of economic models,
probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis,
production forecasting, evaluation of possible development
scenarios, commercial thresholds, capital commitments, operating
expenses and overall operational plans. Perform risked economic
assessment including decision tree analysis.
- Evaluate and perform detailed assessments of potential
acquisition and divestiture candidates.
- Mentor and assist as needed in the professional development of
less experienced staff Requirements: POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of BS in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of reservoir engineering experience, with
technical proficiency in all areas of reservoir engineering and an
emphasis on thermal recovery.
- Early career experience in field operations with exposure to
production and drilling activities at a major oil company.
- Must have a working knowledge of commercial oil and gas
economics software. SPR uses ARIES. Training will be provided if
- Working knowledge of field surveillance/management software
extremely beneficial. SPR uses OFM. Training will be provided if
- Must be proficient in use of a PC and Microsoft Office.
- Must have good presentation, communication and technical
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and meet
- Must be a self-starter interested in working in a team-oriented
environment that delivers high-quality, comprehensive, well-planned
work products.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Visual and manual dexterity are
extremely important for this position as is mobility to walksafely
in oilfields, along proposed improvement corridors, to view
potentially impacted areas,and overall safely traverse irregular
terrain. Visual acuity to safely drive at night and in a varietyof
weather conditions is required.The job presents work hazards that
are customary in upstream oil & gas production sites.Incumbent will
be subject to performing sedentary to light work, exerting up to 25
pounds offorce occasionally, or constantly lift, carry, push, pull
or otherwise move objects, reach overheadfor items, stoop, bend,
and twist while working. Other physical activities include ability
toutilize fingers to feel and grasp objects or work devices as
needed and manual dexterity in theuse of the hands, seeing,
talking, hearing, performing repetitive motions and standing for
longperiods of time. Incumbent must be able to drive a vehicle,
usually a car or light truck, and getinto and out of the vehicle on
a regular basis. Requirements include walking on uneven groundand
over or around obstacles or structures such as pipes or low rails
and walls, and up and downstairs on a regular basis.DISCLAIMER:The
position description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of workperformed by employees within this
classification. The essential duties, responsibilities andphysical
requirements above describe those functions that are essential to
the performance of thisjob. The above description does not include
all of the duties and responsibilities assigned to thisposition.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any
other job-relatedduties as requested by management.An Equal
Opportunity Employer: race, color, religion, national origin,
citizenship status, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
genetic information, disability, Veteran status or anyother
characteristics protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Sentinel Peak Resources Management LLC, Bakersfield , Senior Reservoir Engineer, Engineering , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!