Sr. Project Engineer','postDate':'2023
Company: Bolthouse Farms
Posted on: May 28, 2023
THE ROLE: - - -
- This position will report to the: Sr. Project Manager
- Travel Requirement: As required
- Location: Bakersfield, CA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Shift: M-F, 8AM-5PM or as business requires
- Employment Category: Full Time - Regular
- Pay Range: $72,000-$90,000STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
-Bolthouse Farms -is recognized as a leader in growing,
manufacturing, and distributing high quality, nutrient dense
branded products. Employing more than 2,200 people and
headquartered in Bakersfield, California's fertile San Joaquin
Valley, Bolthouse Farms is one of the largest carrot growers and
distributors in the U.S. and manufactures the No. 1 premium
refrigerated branded beverage in U.S. retail. Bolthouse Farms is
made up of farm and food fanatics who work every day to serve Our
Land, Our People, and All People. - -In 2022 Bolthouse Farms
acquired 2022 is Evolution Fresh the #1 juice brand in Natural
Channel and the fastest growing cold press juice in US Food. -Visit
- -or - -to learn more. -WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS
ROLE - - -The Sr. Project Engineer is responsible for developing
capital budget estimates, engineering design, material
specification, procurement, installation supervision, construction
management, and CQV (Commission, Qualification, and Validation) of
food and beverage related projects to ensure vertical startup and a
right first-time result. This role will support projects related to
line efficiency, process optimization, organic growth, food and
personnel safety, and new product launches. The project engineer
will have project responsibilities at all the plants and various
locations including facilities in Washington, Chicago, and Rancho
- Follow the Engineering Project Delivery Process (EPDP).
- Work with cross-functional teams to clearly define project
scopes and milestones.
- Develop budget estimates and manage project budgets including
monthly cash flow projections.
- Construction management including oversight of 3rd party
engineering firms and external contractors.
- Work with strategic vendors to deliver the lowest TOC for
purchases by utilizing a competitive bidding process.
- Develop or modify plant layouts, process flow diagrams and
- Utilize drafting resources to convey concepts, ideas, and
- Verify and as-build existing equipment, piping, and plant
- Gather information and data from the processing plants to use
in root cause analysis that will help reduce downtime and increase
- Develop functional descriptions and oversee process control
- Travel as needed and required by projects.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Other duties as assigned.WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR - - -Minimum
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering,
Agricultural Engineering, or similar degree.
- 5 - 10 Years' experience in a technical field related to food
or beverage manufacturing.Additional Required Qualifications:
- Strong background in food and beverage related project
management and application engineering.
- Ability to understand and modify existing processing systems,
packaging lines, and manufacturing equipment to support business
- Thorough understanding of utility infrastructure including:
ammonia refrigeration, steam, compressed air, water and waste water
- Strong background in fluid mechanics and thermodynamics.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose operational issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities according to changing
- Proficient in AutoCAD version 2010 or higher.
- Must have excellent organizational, technical, verbal, and
writing skills.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with sanitary design and CIP (Clean-In-Place)
- Experience with food processing plant design and
- Knowledge of food safety, GMP, HAACP, and FSMA
- Knowledge of personnel safety, ergonomics, design safe, and
- Experience with PLC's, automation, and controls systems.
- Experience with lean manufacturing technics.Physical Demands:
- Must be able to work in a processing plant environment
Environmental exposure -cold/wet conditions (40 - or below/subzero
temperatures), will work in the warehouse building and, in all
plants, (indoor and outdoor)
- Material exposure-moving mechanical parts
- Occasional exposure to fumes, airborne particles and
- Occasional sitting, standing, walking as job requires
- Ability to lift/push up to 25 lbsWHAT WE OFFER - -Our rich
benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being
of both our eligible co-workers and their families. - - -
- Medical -
- Dental -
- Vision -
- Group Life and AD&D -
- Voluntary Life and AD&D -
- Group Short-Term Disability -
- Group Long-Term Disability -
- Flexible Spending Accounts -
- Employee Assistance Program -
- 401(k) -
- Paid Time Off - -EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - -We are an
equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally
diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace
where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a
diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We
will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential
job functions. -REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS - -Reasonable
accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in
applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special
assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do
not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position
due to a protected disability and would like to explore the
possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent
Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for additional
support and guidance. - -RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: - -Bolthouse Farms
does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Bolthouse Farms, Bakersfield , Sr. Project Engineer','postDate':'2023, Engineering , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...