VP - Agricultural Consultant
Posted on: April 10, 2021
AVP - Agricultural Consultant - Position DescriptionJob
Responsibilities:The AVP-Ag Consultant is responsible for giving
technical advice and support to the bank's agricultural lending
team and Credit Administration. The incumbent must possess a strong
background and understanding of the agricultural industry. The
AVP-Ag Consultant is responsible for collecting data and analyzing
information for the purpose of creating operating budgets,
conducting crop and water analysis, and making industry commodity
price recommendations to the bank, conducting agricultural real
estate evaluations, and assessing ag service businesses.The AVP-Ag
Consultant supports and embraces the Bank's Purpose, Vision &
Values and is committed to striving to achieve a level of "Uncommon
Service," as defined in the Bank's Purpose Statement, for both
internal and external customers. The incumbent recognizes that
supporting and demonstrating the Bank's core values is an important
part of performing his/her job responsibilities.Valley Republic
Bank offers a wide range of competitive employee benefits
including:Health and Insurance Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness ProgramFinancial Benefits
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Company wide Incentive Plan
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Banking Benefits
- Employee Referral BonusesEssential Duties:
- Demonstrates leadership qualities by modeling the Bank's
Purpose, Vision & Values in communication and actions, adapting to
change, leading by example in mentoring & inspiring others, and
encouraging innovation & strategic thinking with a long-term
- Communicates with borrowers to identify and evaluate their
business and operational requirements.
- Prepares crop and livestock budgets and budget summaries.
- Performs onsite field crop inspections and crop progress
- Measures performance and analyzes data such as crop yield,
water demand, soil quality and production costs.
- Advises on the adaptability of farmland to other crops and land
- Advises on new farm machinery or new farm buildings.
- Keeps current with relevant agricultural industry developments
- Undertakes administrative duties, manages budgets and accounts,
updates information, and prepares reports.
- Attends meetings, organizes seminars, and classes.
- Assists in attaining established Bank goals through active
participation in sales and officer call programs.
- Interviews prospective applicants and requests specified
information related to loan or credit application and corresponds
with applicants to resolve questions regarding application
- Engages and evaluates equipment appraisals.
- Engages and evaluates real estate appraisals.Determines
suitability of agricultural processing facilities.
- Performs economic analysis of processing and marketing
- Recommends agricultural real estate and equipment appraisers
for the Bank's approved appraiser list.
- Possesses and maintains knowledge of water and other industry
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of water district delivery area,
cost, and reliability throughout the bank's market area.
- Performs pre-qualification assessment and analysis of
operational condition and risk of financing requests within
framework of Bank credit policy and current economic and industry
- Ensures that certification of collateral is made by the
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through
his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with
involved customers and employees.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of financial industry,
economy, market conditions, rates, vendors, and competition.
- Represents the Bank in various community, civic, and community
reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank's image and
develop additional business and assists the Bank in establishing
and maintaining market position.
- Cross sells the Bank's other products and services, referring
customers to appropriate staff.
- Provides leadership and training to less experienced staff
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate
department or person and exhibits the necessary follow through with
customers and/or staff involved.
- Consistently applies superior decision-making techniques
pertaining to inquiries, approvals, and requests as they apply to
existing policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in all Lean training and value stream
mapping along with demonstrating knowledge of the Five Key Lean
Principles taught. Embraces and exhibits a lean thinking mindset
and applies root cause problem-solving to make incremental
improvement through waste reduction and streamlining of work.
Continually looks for creative ways to improve workflow processes
efficiently and effectively for scalability and sustainability
while meeting customer needs.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects, and gathers data
and prepares reports for Senior Management, audits, and other
- Processes, solves, and answers complex customer transactions,
problems, or inquiries.
- Answers telephones, answers question and directs callers to
proper Bank personnel.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the
trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds
organizational values; and accepts responsibility for own
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) policy; shows respect and sensitivity for
cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity;
promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; and
builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and
processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws,
rules, and regulations, and adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports
the Bank's goals and values; and benefits the Bank through outside
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or
safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report
potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with
occupational safety and health standards and all.Desired Skills &
Experience:The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in
a satisfactory manner.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) or equivalent from a college or
university; five years related experience and/or training; or the
equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related
experience should consist of a financial analyzing or lending
background. Educational experience, through in-house training
sessions, formal school, or financial industry related curriculum,
should be business or financial industry related.
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in all lending
activities and terminology.
- Ability to lead less experienced staff members as
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal lending and
compliance regulations, and other Bank lending policies.
- Ability to develop marketing and business development skills
- Basic knowledge of branch operation procedures, Bank products
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; host computer system; word processing, spreadsheet, and
specialty software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the
- Advanced math skills: ability to calculate interest,
commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add,
subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals; locate routine
mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio, and percent, including
the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports,
correspondence, and procedures, speak clearly to customers and
- Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to
plan department or Bank activities (setting objectives, developing
strategies, budgeting, and developing policies and procedures);
initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish
department or Bank activities; effectively staff (selecting,
training and developing employees); directing employees towards the
desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems);
controlling the function (developing performance standards,
measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets
and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Current driver's license and a vehicle with appropriate
insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing
assigned duties and responsibilities.About Valley Republic Bank
- Valley Republic Bank opened its doors in early 2009 with a
commitment to revive a level of service to the local business
community that had seemingly disappeared in recent decades.
- Valley Republic Bank was founded by a group of twenty-four
local professionals who believed their customers deserved a bank
that could respond to them quickly, efficiently, consistently, and
- To those founders, it was about relationships; it was about
being available, prepared and engaged.
- Since its founding in 2009, Valley Republic Bank has expanded
to four full-service branches in Kern County. The bank's
headquarters is in Bakersfield at 5000 California Ave. Suite
110.Today,you will find that we have grown into a formidable
resource for our customers. We call it "Relationship Banking." For
our customers, that means competitive products and services, the
latest technological conveniences, and a sincere appreciation for
the business entrusted to us. It means that we are available. It
means we try harder than everyone else to stay one step ahead - in
every regard.Valley Republic Bankis a member of the Federal Deposit
Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and is an Equal Housing Lender.We are
an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: AgHires, Bakersfield , VP - Agricultural Consultant, Executive , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!