Pest Management Internship, Wonderful Orchards
Company: Wonderful Orchards
Posted on: June 22, 2022
With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San
Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of
almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. 35 years strong, and still
growing! Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a
privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting
health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer
brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM
Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
We are seeking a motivated and responsible college student in the
related field for full time 8-week internship. In this position,
you will gain hands on professional experience and learn how the
This position is located at Eastside in Shafter, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Researching and analyzing pest activity including field trials to
study the effectiveness of various pesticides, development of
semiochemical approaches as alternatives to neurotoxic pesticides
and studying the behaviors and attributes of insects detrimental to
almonds, pistachios, and pomegranates. Includes conducting and
coordinating field and laboratory experiments and data
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work autonomously
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless
candidate has a legally valid exemption
- Currently studying in Agriculture related field
- Research and analysis skills* Ability to write and present
reports as requested
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental,
401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to
donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately
held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical,
creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about
sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness
-- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business
to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your
body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are
those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet
challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are
relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage
choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and
the power to make quick and effective decisions.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core
values, visit www.wonderful.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter
Please click here to view our Privacy Notice.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected
veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law
Keywords: Wonderful Orchards, Bakersfield , Pest Management Internship, Wonderful Orchards, Executive , Shafter, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!