Vice President Of Construction
Company: Laurel Ag & Water
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Laurel Ag & Water is looking for a self-motivated, exceptional
Vice President of Construction. As a key member of the leadership
team, the Vice President of Construction will lead all
in-field/on-site aspects of our construction operations, including
underground installation, pump and electrical construction, filter
construction, as well as our service department and automation
department. Laurel is looking for a strong hands-on leader with a
proven track record in the scaling of a business growing rapidly.
This role will report to the CEO.This person will be passionate
about understanding our employees' needs and creating solutions
that maximize their performance at Laurel. The leader is expected
to be a team player that lives Laurel's cultural values, sets an
example for others, and puts systems in place to constantly enhance
the culture. They should also be able to execute tactically in
player-coach mode as needed, as well as having the strong
communication skills to inspire others in their role as a team
builder and strategic visionary.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Vision and Strategy: Work with strategic stakeholders
(including the rest of the Executive team) to collaboratively set
and execute on the long-term vision for construction operation
functions, consistently improving effectiveness and helping us
achieve our overall business goals and objectives; drive future
organizational design and change management initiatives to help
maintain a high-performing, motivated, and impactful team.
- Lead and Equip Managers: Work with regional managers to
establish systems of verification, accountability, and trust
through the organization. Establish communication and thought
sharing through the construction operations to develop best
practices across Laurel that can be replicated in new regions.
- Ownership of Budget to Actual Review Process: Work with
strategic stakeholders (Sales, Design, Supply Chain and Finance) to
develop, implement and maintain a complete feedback loop of where
issues arise to steadily improve processes and profitability
- Professional Development: Build scalable professional
development programs into our construction operations that aid in
growing our team's capabilities and drive employee retention.
- Management and Leadership Training: Drive scalable solutions
around making our leaders better managers; provide coaching and
feedback to construction management team and work with Laurel's
Head of People to develop programs that prepare high-potential
employees for management roles.WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Significant Construction experience ( a minimum of 7 years)
with a deep understanding of Civil and / or Ag Construction
Practices and Equipment.
- Comprehensive understanding of plan set and specification
- Comprehensive understanding of Construction Cost Accounting and
- Proactive approach to continuous improvement.
- The proven ability and tools to influence and drive change
- Proven ability to work in team environment inside and outside
- Proven ability to set the tone and build trust throughout the
- High energy, hungry to win, approachable, analytical.
- Willingness to travel (20-40% depending on location).
- Proven ability to work in AND on the business.
- The ability to think strategically, but also focus on tactical
and operational issues.
- Must be computer and ERP savvy.
- Experience in Ag irrigation or construction management degree
are desired but not a must.
- Willingness to work weekends.
- Ability to think strategically outside of construction and to
effectively collarborate with engineering, sales, finance, supply
chain and design disciplines.
- Comprehensive understanding of CA / AZ contractor law.
- Must be a mininum Level 4 Leader - Catylyzes committment to
virgorous pursuit of a clear and compelling vision. Can stimulate a
group to high performance and can steer the Construction
Keywords: Laurel Ag & Water, Bakersfield , Vice President Of Construction, Executive , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!