Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to
serve as our *Restaurant Manager. *This position is responsible for
the supervision of approximately 15 - 20 crew members, proper
execution of the restaurant operations on their assigned shift,
providing guests with a great dining experience and upholding
service and quality standards.
Along with 1 - 2 other peer Restaurant Managers and/or Hourly
Supervisors, Restaurant Managers will support the General Manager
who has total accountability for the success of the restaurant.
Restaurant Managers will be required to work day and night shifts,
weekends, and holidays as the schedules are rotated.
Additional responsibilities include focus on employee selection and
retention, continuous operational improvement, understanding profit
and loss statements, operating plans, and costs. Restaurant
Managers must have a strong commitment to guest satisfaction.
*Essential Duties & Responsibilities *include, but not limited to
the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business
* Promotes Company Mission, Vision and Core Values.
* Willingly assists others without being asked.
* Prepares and interprets financial and operational reports and
schedules, analyzes data and develops solutions to ensure operating
goals are achieved.
* Assists the General Manager by overseeing assigned shifts and
monitors brand standards execution and adherence by directing
hourly staff to achieve guest service standards in a clean and
* Assists in the achievement of controllable profit goals by
monitoring controls and taking corrective action to achieve the
* Develops and coaches hourly employees on brand standards,
corporate policies and procedures, and other guest focused
programs/activities to meet or exceed guest service standards.
* Works with the General Manager to attract, hire, onboard and
retain the best hourly talent to meet staffing requirements and
guest service standards.
* Brings employee relations issues, deviations from brand
standards, and other guest issues to the attention of the General
Manager; recommends corrections; and participates in their
execution as required.
* Works with the General Manager to develop hourly employees
through corporate training programs, individual development plans,
and system assignments.
* Develops relationships with civic, business, school, and
professional organizations to establish good community relations
and increase guest counts.
* Monitors that proper security procedures are in place to protect
employees, guests and company assets.
* Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general
cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen, dining areas and
* Works to create and maintain an enjoyable and respectful
environment for our guests and employees.
* Maintains compliance with all employment policies and Brand
Standards, to include all state, local and federal regulations.
* Follows management cash handling, inventory and other operational
* Completes all other tasks and duties as assigned.
* 401(k) - we match dollar for dollar!
* We offer Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
* Paid Training
* Paid Time off
* Company-wide discount - receive a 25% discount at over 40
* Flexible Schedules - we'll work with you because employee
work/life balance matters!
* Minimum of 2 years experience in restaurant, hospitality or
retail management, additional operations and/or leadership
experience strongly preferred.
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Ability to work a minimum of 55 hours a week.
* Food Safety Manager certification required.
* Strong organizational skills with excellent oral and written
communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels
of the organization.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
in the English language.
* Possesses basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply,
* Places a value on diversity and shows respect for others.
* Proven ability to problem solve and handle high stress situations
* Ability to interpret financial statements and understand
* Must be able to perform job duties of every position.
* Must be prepared to multitask in accordance with the demands of
* Ability to identify and anticipate opportunities and implement
corrective action steps.
* Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings.
* Licensed to operate an automobile without hours of operations
* Has reliable transportation in order to meet banking
* Must be able to lift a tray weighing up to 25 lbs.
* Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up
to 60 lbs and place items on high and low shelves in office, store
rooms, service areas, walk-in coolers and freezers.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift and grasp.
* Must be able to hear well in a loud environment to respond to
employee and guest needs.
* Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to
health risk concerns about food handling.
* Must be able to operate a point-of-sale system and differentiate
between monetary denominations.
* Must be able to work with all Denny's menu products.
* Must be able to work around potentially hazardous chemicals.
* Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in confined
* Must work inside and outside.
* Must be able to observe staff and all aspects of restaurant
* Must be able to stand and walk during a 10 to 12 hour shift;
occasional shifts in excess of 10 hours may be required due to the
demands of the business.
* Must be able to tolerate extreme temperature changes in kitchen
and freezer areas.
*Reports to: General Manager*
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by the employees assigned to this
position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
duties, responsibilities or tasks which may be required to be
performed in this position. Employer may amend, change, or modify
the responsibilities and duties of this position to meet business
needs as necessary. This job description does not constitute a
contract for employment and may be changed at the discretion of the
employer with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $21.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* Vision insurance
* Casual dining restaurant
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Bakersfield, CA 93312: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
* Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Denny's, Bakersfield , Restaurant Manager, Executive , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!