Health Information Management (HIM) Clerk - Temp> Perm
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: January 25, 2023
DescriptionJob Title: Health Information Management (HIM)
TEMPORARY TO POSSIBLE PERMANENT POSITION
This clerical/service position requires an employee who will aid in
the smooth operations of the Health Information Management
Department. They must be able to respond and interact with
physicians, the public, and patient care team members in a
courteous and collaborative manner. The clerk will perform a wide
range of duties, including chart retrieval, assembly, scanning,
indexing, assigning physician deficiencies and filing; maintaining
the physician delinquency notification system, release of
information, overseeing the chart copying service, scanning loose
documents and other duties as assigned. The clerk must ensure that
confidentiality of patient information is observed.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensure/Certification: None required.
- Experience: Minimum of one year hospital or clinic medical
record department experience.
- Prepares records to be converted to an electronic format by
assembling, scanning, indexing, and assigning physician
- Assists Concierge and copying service with release of
information requests to always ensure confidentiality.
- Maintains a record (along with copying service) of all
completed requests and payments received for medical
- Retrieves records for audit/review and release of information
- Always answers telephone for chart requests, information, etc.
in a pleasant tone.
- Verifies daily on the computer that only one unit number exists
for each patient with no more than three mistakes in a
- Scans loose reports into appropriate record and visit.
- Serves and performs duties of key operator for the photocopy
- Sorts and routes office mail daily within the
- Independently orders office supplies and forms weekly for
- Contacts physicians by mail and phone of charts requiring
completion at least weekly.
- Analyzes charts and updates computer daily regarding chart
completion with 95% accuracy.
- Files original paper charts into boxes by discharge date order
for offsite storage to pick up.
- Calls offsite storage to pick up charts once a month.
- Observes confidentiality of all information at all times.
At Bakersfield Heart Hospital, our patients are family. Healthcare
is constantly evolving; our growing organization is devoted to
ensuring that each person in our care feels safe. Our world-class
team of driven, passionate healthcare professionals are always
focused on service excellence and providing top quality care at the
bedside. If you share our values, we want to hear from you!
Competitive Pay. Full Suite of Benefits.
Bakersfield Heart Hospital is committed to the safety and wellbeing
of our team members and patients. Therefore, we require that all
team members receive all required vaccinations, including, but not
limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability
of the flu vaccine typically during October - March each year),
etc. as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical
and religious exemptions may apply.
EducationHigh School (required)
ExperienceMinimum of one year hospital or clinic medical record
department experience. (required)
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Bakersfield , Health Information Management (HIM) Clerk - Temp> Perm, Executive , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!