Store Assistant Manager - Union Store
Company: The Salvation Army
Posted on: January 25, 2023
DescriptionThe Salvation Army is hiring for full- time Assistant
Store Manager at our Union Store. Great opportunity to improve your
leadership skills and experience while contributing to the success
of our Adult Rehabilitation Program. For more information on this
position, please read below:ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Takes an active role and partners with the Store Manager in the
day-to-day operation of the store.
- Assumes responsibility for all day-to-day store operations in
the absence of the Store Manager.
- Provides coaching, training, and development to the Store
- Ensures Customer/Donor needs are met by maintaining good
Customer/Donor/Community relations; complaints are resolved; and
service is quick and efficient.
- In absence of Store Manager, coordinate daily morning and shift
change team meetings.
- Supervise employees in performance of duties to ensure
compliance with published directives and guidelines.
- Provide training for new personnel on store policies and
procedures by The Salvation Army.
- In absence of Store Manager, communicate any personnel issues
with District Sales Manager. May issue disciplinary warnings,
conference reports, employee evaluations and goals as needed in
coordination with the HR Generalist/Coordinator and District Sales
- Completes all tasks as assigned by the Store Manager; District
Sales Manager; Command Retail Directors and Command
- Responsible for processing of paperwork per Review Standards,
especially as it relates to Time and Attendance compliance.
- Ensures store is maintained at ARC Merchandising Standards;
adequate inventory levels on hand. Store is at CNO standards.
Ensure timely completion of regular and accurate Rag Out from the
- BRP (Back Room Processing) In absence of Store Manager, ensures
that the Material Handlers are working effectively and efficiently
to meet daily processing goals as outlined in Material Handler
Standard Operating Procedures/Job Description.
- In absence of Store Manager, ensures that the Sales
Associate/Material Handler (s) working the donation sites are
working effectively and efficiently as outlined in the Donation
- Responsible for adequate amount of change at the beginning of
each day, always safeguarding cash in registers and safe and
banking of cash receipts as per ARCC policy.
- Attends Monthly Store Meetings.
- Assists the Store Manager on ensuring that safety measures are
established and maintained consistent with ARC policy and
governmental regulations and that hazards are reported to
Administration. Assists with Weekly Store Meetings with store
- Responsible for the protection of property and building.
- May transfer from store to store at the direction of Command
Retail Directors and Command Administration.
- Implement appropriate loss prevention measures.
- Other written or verbal duties as may be assigned by the Store
Manager, District Sales Manager, Command Retail Directors and
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years previous Retail
- Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register and have ability to
schedule and supervise store employees
- Must hold a valid Drivers license, be able to show proof of
- Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History
and Sex Offender Registry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, store
employees, customers, and donors.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and
twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file
cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling
clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and
carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to operate a telephone
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasksTHE SALVATION
ARMY MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international
movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the
love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow themMotivationsRequired
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
- 2 years: Retail Management/SupervisionEqual Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: The Salvation Army, Bakersfield , Store Assistant Manager - Union Store, Executive , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!