Engineering Project Manager
Company: Bolthouse Farms, Inc.
Posted on: May 24, 2023
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. Full-Time Regular USA - CA -
BAKERSFIELD, Bakersfield, CA, US 30+ days ago Requisition ID: 3606
Salary Range: $76,000.00 To 90,000.00 Annually THE ROLE:
- This position will report to the: Sr. Project Manager
- Location: On-site/Flex
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Shift: 1st - Shift
- Employment Category: Full-Time
- Hourly Pay Rate: $76k-$90k INGENUITY GROWS GOOD. Guided by its
purpose - Ingenuity Grows Good --Bolthouse Farms is recognized as a
leader in growing, manufacturing, and distributing high quality,
nutrient dense branded products. Employing more than 2,200 people
and headquartered in Bakersfield, California's fertile San Joaquin
Valley, Bolthouse Farms is one of the largest carrot growers and
distributors in the U.S. and manufactures the No. 1 premium
refrigerated branded beverage in U.S. retail. Bolthouse Farms is
made up of farm and food fanatics who work every day to serve Our
Land, Our People, and All People. Visit -Bolthouse Farms or follow
us on -Instagram , -Facebook and -Twitter to learn more. WHAT
YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE The Project Manager is
planning, directing, coordinating, budgeting, and optimizing
activities concerned with the operations, construction and
maintenance of structures, facilities, machinery, and process
systems. This position also includes participating in the
conceptual development of construction projects and oversees their
organization, scheduling and implementation. Develops detailed
design, specifications, and logistical approach of mechanical
projects. This role will support projects related to line
efficiency, process optimization, organic growth, food and
personnel safety, and new product launches. The project engineer
will have project responsibilities at all the plants and various
locations including facilities in Washington, Chicago, and Rancho
- Oversees engineering projects, solely or working with a team,
to ensure performance criteria, timing and budget are met.
- Working with principal users and technical support, develops
conceptual solutions to agricultural and mechanical problems.
- Examines systems/processes for inefficiencies and makes logical
recommendations for optimization.
- Leads decision process to take conceptual project solution to
working prototype incorporating most efficient and economic
- Analyzes working mechanical systems for life cycle and
- Analyzes engineering sketches/drawings, specifications, and
related data to determine design factors, such as size, shape and
arrangement of parts.
- Sketches rough layout of machine and computes angles, weights,
surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances,
leverages, and locations of holes.
- Computes magnitude, direction, and point of application of
tension, compression, and bending forces, and develops geometric
shape of machine parts to accommodate operating loads.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of machine and
subassemblies, including specifications for gear ratios, bearing
loads, and direction of moving parts.
- Compiles and analyzes test data to determine effect of machine
design on various factors such as temperature, pressures, speed,
horsepower, oil analysis, and fuel consumption.
- Modifies machine design to correct operating deficiencies or to
reduce production problems.
- Measures machine and parts during production to ensure
compliance with design specifications.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software
to develop designs.
- Assists support crew leads with originating, locating, using,
updating, and maintaining documentation.
- Design and implementation of capital improvements to Ag.
Equipment, facilities and structures.
- Budget, schedule and oversee capital projects
- Manage multiple changing priorities
- Consult or negotiate with suppliers and or contractors to
prepare project specifications
- Review contracts and assess the feasibility of projects
- Assist in the overseeing of project implementation
- Other duties as assigned WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR Minimum
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering,
Agricultural Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, etc. with machine
- Significant design, implementation and project management
- 10+ years of experience in Agricultural and food processing
- Experience with CIP (Clean-In-Place) is preferred but not
- Must have experience with AutoCAD and 3-D drafting a plus
- Must be able to understand fabrication and machining
techniques, and limitations, and create designs to maximize
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, under
pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task and set priorities according to
- Must have excellent mathematical and computer data entry
- Must have excellent organizational skills Additional Required
- Strong background in food and beverage related project
management and application engineering.
- Ability to understand and modify existing processing systems,
packaging lines, and manufacturing equipment to support business
- Thorough understanding of utility infrastructure including:
ammonia refrigeration, steam, compressed air, water and waste water
- Strong background in fluid mechanics and thermodynamics.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose operational issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities according to changing
- Proficient in AutoCAD version 2010 or higher.
- Must have excellent organizational, technical, verbal, and
writing skills. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with sanitary design and CIP (Clean-In-Place)
- Experience with food processing plant design and
- Knowledge of food safety, GMP, HAACP, and FSMA
- Knowledge of personnel safety, ergonomics, design safe, and
- Experience with PLC's, automation, and controls systems.
- Experience with lean manufacturing technics. Physical Demands:
- Must be able to work in a processing plant environment
Environmental exposure -cold/wet conditions (40 - or below/subzero
temperatures), will work in the warehouse building and, in all
plants, (indoor and outdoor)
- Material exposure-moving mechanical parts
- Occasional exposure to fumes, airborne particles and
- Occasional sitting, standing, walking as job requires -
- Ability to lift/push up to 25 lbs
- During the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize that
certain "non-essential worker" personnel may at times store
consumer-facing materials (including, but not limited to, EADs,
coupons, promotional materials, etc.) offsite from Company
locations, such as at associates' homes or in vehicles. All such
consumer-facing materials must be maintained in a smoke-free and
secure workplace environment. WHAT WE OFFER Our rich benefits
packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both
our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D -
- Voluntary Life and AD&D -
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - We are an equal opportunity employer
committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive
for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is
paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of
candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion,
sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job
functions. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS Reasonable accommodations
-will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions. - If - you are interested in applying for
employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to
apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any
of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a
protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of
an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at:
TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for additional support and
guidance. RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Bolthouse Farms does not accept
unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Bolthouse Farms, Inc., Bakersfield , Engineering Project Manager, Executive , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...