Correctional Medicine Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PM
Posted on: October 14, 2020
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!" Our Psychiatric ARNP works under the
supervision of the Staff Psychiatrist in accordance with
established The Company policy and procedure as well as within
state guidelines; maintains documentation required by state or
facility guidelines to demonstrate compliance with supervision
requirements; provides psychiatric consultation, diagnostic and
treatment services to the identified resident population, including
medication management and crisis intervention servicesEducation
- Graduation from an accredited nursing school.Experience
- Two (2) years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Experience in a residential healthcare institution preferred.
- Certification and licensure as a Psychiatric Mental Health
Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) in the state of CA, as recognized by the
American Nurses Credentialing Center Adult PMHNP
- Must maintain CPR certification, and any other certifications
(such as First Aid) required by contract.
- Provides comprehensive assessment, plan development,
implementation of plan of care and evaluation of effectiveness of
interventions with revisions as necessary.
- Initiate, monitors, alters medications and treatments according
to approved protocols. Demonstrates thorough understanding of all
requirements and practice standards relating to the prescription,
administration of medications including compliance with
organization policy and procedures, documentation, requirements,
- Monitors medication and initiates appropriate therapies for
certain conditions and changes medications according to variations
in a resident's response within established protocols.
- Observes and differentiates between signs and symptoms
associated with normal human physiology and those indicative of
- Documents all relevant resident care issues in residents'
progress notes and treatment plan.
- Includes the use of seclusion and restraint and alternative
interventions, documentation requirements, disaster and fire
procedures, infection control, risk management.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats residents as
an individual, and considers the culture of the residents when
providing care and treatment.
- Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent
with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each
- Participates in psychiatric on-call schedule if on-call
services are required
- Ensures progress note and treatment plan documentation is in
specified format, problem oriented, and is legible
- Ensures all documentation is dated, timed, legible, problem
oriented and signed
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens
before using non-formulary medications.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her
individual judgments and actions.
- Provides input into AES Center committees such as Pharmacy and
Therapeutics, Quality Improvement, Resident Care Management, Mental
Health Treatment Team, as requested by Staff Psychiatrist.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned. EOE
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs,
psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs, psychiatric nurse
Keywords: WellPath, Bakersfield , Correctional Medicine Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PM, Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!