Posted on: October 15, 2020
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to Always
Do The Right Thing!
Our Psychologist conducts triage assessments and psychological
evaluations and testing, and is an active member of the treatment
team who provides staff education as needed on psychological
issues. Assigned responsibilities for developing, monitoring and
implementing behavioral management plans as well as assigned
responsibilities for quality assurance monitoring. Provides
psychological assessments and quality assurance reviews and is
sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats residents as an
individual, and considers the culture of the residents when
providing care and treatment.
- Doctoral level degree in clinical psychology from an accredited
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in clinical
- Previous work with forensic psychiatric residents.
- Current license as a Psychologist in California.
- Provides triage assessments.
- Provides psychological assessments and competency assessments.
Evaluates malingering, cognitive abilities, and personality.
- Serves as a consultant to the multidisciplinary teams. Reviews
assessments, case presentations, and conducts quantitative and
qualitative chart reviews.
- Supervises and trains psychology students, provides training
and education to the rest of the clinical team as needed, provides
expert testimony to the court, serves on committees.
- Develops, monitors, and implements behavioral management plans
- Demonstrates knowledge of ethical and related clinical
- Completes thorough, accurate, and timely documentation of
services provided that are consistent with professional standards
and in compliance with Performance Improvement, and AES Center
- Demonstrates understanding of, and complies with special
precautions, disaster and fire safety procedures, assists with
finding alternatives to seclusion and restraint, knowledge of abuse
reporting. Completes mandatory training which is reviewed
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats residents as
an individual, and considers the culture of the residents when
providing care and treatment. Demonstrates cultural competency in
all aspects of duties performed. This should be particularly
evident in interactions with and treatment of residents. Attends
and successfully completes competency training on an annual
- Is honest, consistent, fair, positive, nurturing in daily
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of residents of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span development
needs of each resident. Demonstrates age specific competency in all
aspects of duties performed. This should be particularly evident in
interactions with and treatment of residents. Attends and
successfully completes competency training on an annual basis.
- Provides coverage for team members and coworkers when
- May participate in crisis management or on-call
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Wellpath, Bakersfield , Psychologist, Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!