Post-Doctoral Psychology Resident
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Post-Doctoral Psychology Resident conducts forensic evaluations
under the supervision of a Forensic Psychologist. He/she evaluates
individuals who are incompetent to stand trial (IST). In addition,
to competency evaluations, the Post-Doctoral Psychology Resident
completes behavior plans and psychological testing.
- APA approved doctoral program in clinical or counseling
psychology (Ph.D. or Psy.D.)
- Completion of a psychology internship prior to beginning the
- Experience with SPMI population is preferred
- None requiredResponsibilities
- Performs competency evaluations.
- Conducts psychological testing.
- Writes and implements behavioral plans.
- Provides training and education to the clinical team as
- Provides expert testimony to the court.
- Completes thorough, accurate, and timely documentation of
evaluations that are consistent with professional standards.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patient as an
individual, and considers the culture of the patient when providing
care and treatment. Demonstrates cultural competency in all aspects
of duties performed. Attends and successfully completes competency
training on an annual basis.
- Provides ongoing support and ensures staff adheres to
organization's Code of Conduct.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with sensitive to the age and life span development
needs of each patient.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Associated topics: behavioral science, cancer, cardiothoracic,
cell, college of medicine, health, health care, respiratory,
Keywords: Wellpath, Bakersfield , Post-Doctoral Psychology Resident, Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!