Correctional Medicine Physician Needed in Bakersfield, CA
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Correctional Medicine opening in Bakersfield, California. This
and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Here at
Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people -
our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to
making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Physician is responsible for the medical assessment and care of
patients, supervising the ARNPs' and PAs' clinical activities, and
providing consultations and referrals to and from other medical
Education for Physician:
- MD from an accredited university
- Board certified or eligible in internal or family medicine
Experience for Physician:
- Two (2) years post residency clinical experience in an acute
inpatient setting, psychiatric experience preferred
Licenses/Certifications for Physician:
- Licensed in the state of practice
- Has a current DEA and D.P.S. certificate of registration
- Conducts routine medical examinations on incoming or admitted
patients under protocols and guidelines established. May supervise
ARNPs or PAs who may also conduct medical examinations.
- Provides medical treatment and orders studies, tests, and
ancillary services that are required and consistent with the
provisions of adequate health care services and approved
privileges. May conducts minor surgical procedures for which they
have been granted privileges to perform at the facility.
Thoroughly, accurately, and timely documents all patient services
in the patient's medical record utilizing facility approved
- Routinely reviews/reevaluates those patients requiring ongoing
medical/consultative services and coordinates treatment planning in
- Initiates and maintains compliance with organizational policies
and procedures, and reviews all facility-specific medical health
care policies and procedures annually to assure their compliance
with The Company Corporate Directives and applicable regulatory
- Assures good medical judgment in all clinical decisions,
reviews organizational and National Treatment Guidelines and,
maintains compliance with those standards according to individual
patient healthcare needs. Annually reviews and recommends
modifications to nursing assessment protocols to senior management.
Assists in developing and implementing facility specific policies,
procedures, and protocols in patient treatment.
- Attends healthcare staff meetings, continuous quality
improvement meetings, infection control meetings, and other
meetings as requested by the Facility Administrator and the
- Meets with the Facility Administrator and the Clinical Director
as often as needed for purposes of healthcare program evaluation
and planning; Under the Clinical Director's guidance, supervises
the assigned work area(s), all observational and infirmary service,
and assigned Nurse Practitioners (ARNP's). In addition, co-signs
all voice and telephone orders given by incumbent to ARNP's if
required and to nursing staff.
- In coordination with the Facility Administrator and the
Clinical Director, designates continuing care facilities and
specialty (consultative) physicians and makes referrals to these
facilities/individuals as medically necessary. Coordinates the
healthcare of the patients during treatment. Designates level of
care to be performed in the facility and the equipment needed to
perform this level of care. Actively participates in utilization
management initiatives, to include compliance with the treatment
pharmaceutical formulary; and, the non-emergency specialty
consultative referral process. Completes all requests for medical
services in a timely manner, completely and initiates alternative
actions as medically necessary. Acts as a patient advocate in all
issues of medical need. Authorizes the administration of Flu and
Hepatitis B Vaccine to employees.
- When applicable, serves as an active participant with
healthcare and operations staff in Admission and Discharge
- Demonstrates understanding of, and complies with special
precautions, disaster and fire safety procedures, assists with
finding alternatives to seclusion and restraint, knowledge of abuse
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as
an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when
providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patient.
- Continues professional development through in-service
education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to
maintain current knowledge applicable to the position.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: Wellpath, Bakersfield , Correctional Medicine Physician Needed in Bakersfield, CA, Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!