Company: ChildNet Youth and Family Services
Posted on: November 14, 2021
ChildNet Youth& Family Services, Inc. is currently recruiting a
Social Worker for our Foster Family Network program located in
Bakersfield, CA. Foster Family Network (FFN), provides various
support services to foster children and their biological families,
as well as support to resource parents. The FFN Social Worker is
responsible for providing social services to resource parents,
foster children and their biological families. These services
include supervision of foster families, participation in the placed
child---s academic program, development of Needs and Services
plans, and coordination of medical and psychological services for
the placed child. The Social Worker must be available by cell phone
to ChildNet management and resource families 24 hours a day, seven
days a week. Social Worker responsibilities include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Provide in-home support and guidance for resource families and
foster children, including intensive services foster care and
therapeutic foster care services.
- Supervise placement of foster children, including regular
visits/direct contact with the children and resource parent.
Maintain accurate notes about interactions with each foster child
and resource parent.
- Monitor the health, educational, religious, recreational,
social, emotional, and psychological needs of each assigned child
and coordinate services with available community resources.
- Develop and maintain a network of medical and psychological
resources for foster children in the area of placement.
- Monitor visitation between foster child and biological family
when court ordered.
- Provide referrals to family therapy resources for the foster
child and biological family.
- Monitor current status of educational planning and academic
functioning of each assigned foster child. Represent the foster
child in the educational setting whenever necessary.
- Participate in child and family team meetings in order to
discuss individual cases, develop treatment goals, or plan for
eventual family reunification (where appropriate).
- Develop and update Needs and Services Plans for each case.
- Maintain current required paperwork and files for assigned
foster children and resource parents.
- Submit all required reports within required time frames to the
County placing agency.
- Monitor adherence to licensing regulations for each assigned
resource home. This includes driving to each home and physically
surveying and supervising the care and treatment of each child in
- Obtain and provide resource parents with required admission
information upon initial placement.
- Transport clients when required.
- Interact and coordinate with other ChildNet departments and
programs to coordinate the best possible services for clients.
- Perform any other duties as assigned. Job Requirements:The FFN
Social Worker shall possess a Master---s Degree in one of the
following disciplines as mandated by the State of California
Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing (CCL):
- Social Work or Social Welfare, Marriage & Family Therapy, Child
Psychology, Child Development, Counseling Psychology, Social
Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Educational Psychology or
Education with an emphasis in counseling.
- The completed degree program must also include relevant course
work and child-related experience and/or internships as required by
- Non-degreed Social Workers may be hired at the agency---s
discretion based on equivalent coursework and experience.
- Experience in foster care programs similar to FFN is desirable.
All offers of employment with ChildNet Youth and Family Services,--
Inc. are contingent upon a post-offer, pre-hire medical clearance
with an occupational physical, tuberculosis screening, and a
negative drug test, including a screening for marijuana (note:
while the use of marijuana is recreationally permitted in
California, provisions of our contracts are bound by Title 21, US
Code Section 812 under Federal law, which--prohibits the use of
marijuana). A background clearance which consists of fingerprinting
through the Dept. of Justice/FBI/Child Abuse Index Search is
required. Underwriting requirements of this agency include keeping
a valid California driver---s license, valid auto liability
insurance on file, and maintaining a good driving record while
employed. EOE M/F/V/DWHO WE ARE--ChildNet Youth & Family Services,
a nonprofit corporation headquartered in Long Beach, CA. We provide
Counseling, Education, Foster Care and In-Home Services to at-risk
children. ChildNet has been at the forefront of providing
innovative and quality care to thousands of children and their
families for 50 years. OUR--MISSIONTo provide safe homes, education
and counseling to vulnerable children and families. OUR
EMPLOYEES--Are a diverse group of professionals who create a
culture of caring with our clients and within the
organization.--WHAT WE OFFER--Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and
403b Retirement with eligibility of a discretionary employer
contribution after 2 years of service, Stability, Career
Advancement, Tuition Reimbursement,--along with generous sick,
vacation and holiday time. WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!-- COME AND MAKE A
DIFFERENCE WITH US!
Keywords: ChildNet Youth and Family Services, Bakersfield , Social Worker, Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!