Phlebotomist (Part Time) - Bakersfield
Company: Sonic Healthcare USA
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
Qualifications:General Description and Essential Functions
- Assembles equipment such as tourniquet, needles, and disposable
containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton,
and alcohol on work tray according to requirements for specified
test or procedures.
- Verifies and records identity of patient and converses with
- Applies tourniquet to arm, locates accessible vein, swabs
puncture area with antiseptic, and inserts needle into vein to draw
blood into collection tube(s).
- Withdraws needle, applies treatment to puncture site, and
labels and stores blood container for subsequent processing.
- Perform data entry into the computer system.
- Verify insurance information.
- Process samples to prepare for proper laboratory testing.
- May be required to perform skin punctures.
- May be required to perform data entry into the computer
- May be required to perform courier runs to outside draw
stations, clients, or other locations as deemed necessary. -
- Participates in and supports all Quality Assurance and Quality
Improvement endeavors for the laboratory, as applicable
- In addition to an employee's typical work schedule, this
position requires employees to work weekends, overtime, split
shifts, and holidays if needed by the Company. Other duties may
apply as necessary. Physical Capabilities
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Moderate reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Moderate computer work
- Moderate use of telephone and fax Work Experience and
- If employee is required to operate a company vehicle for the
performance of their duties, they must meet applicable company
insurance guidelines, including a DMV record comparable to that of
a Transportation Courier.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Valid State of California Phlebotomy Certification. Continuing
education as dictated by governmental agencies required for
certification validity.Scheduled Weekly Hours:20Work Shift:
Company:WestPac Labs, Inc.Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Sonic Healthcare USA, Bakersfield , Phlebotomist (Part Time) - Bakersfield, Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!