Physical Therapist Assistant - Inpatient Rehab/Acute Care
Company: PT Solutions Physical Therapy
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Our mission and vision at PT Solutions Physical Therapy is to
provide service that exceeds expectations. In doing so, we
- Professionals endowed with superior technical and customer
- Facilities which are clean, efficient, and
- Atmosphere of teamwork and compassion for our patients,
colleagues and associates
- Innovation in education and training
- Community involvementOur focus is on providing care in an
enjoyable customer service environment and treatment delivery
unique to each individual and condition.
Under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist, the
physical therapist assistant assists the physical therapist in the
practice of Physical Therapy. Performs Physical Therapy treatments
for inpatient rehabilitation patients designed to restore function,
prevent disability following disease, injury, or loss of body
parts, and to relieve pain according to treatment plans established
by a licensed Physical Therapist.
- Patient Care: directs and aides patients in therapeutic
exercise, gait, and functional training, applies therapeutic
modalities, performs ROM measurements, and other activities
according to the plan of care established by Licensed Physical
Therapist.Communicates any change in patient's condition to
- Documentation: completes documentation of patient's chart,
which may include, but is not limited to, progress notes, patient
charges, patient/family education record. Assists with
reassessments and discharge summaries under the direction of the
- Supervision: directs activities of technicians, students and
volunteers as assigned.
- Quality: assist with the implementation of new programs as
needed. Involved with quality assessment and improvement plan.
- Department Compliance: complies with department policy and
procedures, safety/inspection control plans/OSHA guidelines,
employee handbook, and standards of regulatory bodies (JCAHO,
Medicare, CARF, etc.)
- Demonstrates customer service/P.R.I.D.E. principles and
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses
system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which
results in patient harm.
- Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- May have access to the POS room or designated areas to
transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs
and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile
water, normal saline, and irrigations.EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR
- Associate Degree as a Physical Therapist
- Licensed by State Department of Health Licensure Board, a
division of Medical Quality Assurance required - BLS within 90 days
of hire requiredEXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: 1-2 years
preferred. New graduates accepted.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of Physical Therapy
principles and practices, general anatomy and physiology, diseases
and post surgical conditions, body movements and functions, and
Keywords: PT Solutions Physical Therapy, Bakersfield , Physical Therapist Assistant - Inpatient Rehab/Acute Care, Healthcare , Arvin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!