Travel Nurse RN - Telemetry - $3,400 per week
Company: Quality Nurses
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Quality Nurses is seeking a travel nurse RN Telemetry for a
travel nursing job in Bakersfield, California.Job Description &
- Specialty: Telemetry
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: 08/22/2022
- Duration: 13 weeks
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours, nights
- Employment Type: TravelAs travel nurses ourselves, we
understand all the reasons to avoid taking an assignment with an
agency you've never worked with before. We want to reward you for
giving us a chance, so when you sign for your first assignment (of
13 weeks or more) with us from now until August 31st we will
include a $1,000 bonus on your first paycheck.**Clinical Team will
pre-screen all candidates. Managers will do 2nd interview**
- Unit: 5W Tele Stroke (Very fast paced. High patient turnover.
High acuity/high risk patients)
VERY SIMILAR TO A STEPDOWN UNIT!"
- Location: (BMH) Hospital
- # beds: 30 Beds
- Ratios: 4 to 1
- Certs: BLS, ACLS, & NIHSS are required. Must have experience
using NIHSS on the floor.
Chemo cert would be a plus but not required. They occasionally &
unexpectedly will get a patient needing chemo)"
- EMR System: Cerner experience preferred. Make sure to ask if they
already have Cerner experience & if so, was this recent? They can
comp test out of Cerner training.
- Add'l Equipment: Pagers linked to call light system & internal
spectra link phones
- Unit Orientation: 2 - 12 hr shifts on home unit. 5W & 4W get an
additional day of orientation in the ICU incase they would float to
ICU (See info regarding floating - below)
- Nurse Aides: Days 3 nurse aides; Nights 2 nurse aides (Note: this
will vary depending on pt census)
- Charge Nurse: Yes (if staffed > 28 pts will have an extra
nurse as a 'resource nurse' takes 2 patients & helps out)
- Shifts/Hours: 12 hours; 7a - 7:30p/7p - 7:30a
- Breaks: 1/2 hour break (clock-out); 3 - 15 min breaks per shift
- Weekends: Every other weekend or equivalent of 4 weekend days in
a 4 week schedule (Example: could be 2 in a row, then off 2 in a
Day Shift Weekend is Sat/Sun; Nights is Fri/Sat"
- Scrub Color: Navy blue. If you wear a scrub jacket it also must
be navy. If you wear an undershirt underneath your scrub top it
must be navy, white, or black.
- Tele: Spacelabs Monitoring - 24/7 monitor techs on this unit.
Techs pull strips. Nurses interpret their own strips & set alarm
rates with monitor tech. Computer program does measurements.
- Vents: No - have high-flow, bedside CPAP (maintained by RT)
- IV Team: No - ICU & ER can assist w/ hard IV sticks
- RT 24/7: Yes
- Pharmacy 24/7: Yes - also have clinical pharmacists on the unit
throughout the day/evening
- Types of patients: Non-STEMI, R/O MI & ACS, neuro intervential
radiology patients, carotid stents, carotid endarterectomy post
ICU, high-risk stroke/renal patients, S/P cranies from ICU, get all
r/o stroke, CVA, TIA. Designated unit for stroke. If can't go to
ICU they go to this unit. Annual stroke competency through APEX. IF
traveler is on an assignment on the unit during annual competency
time they will get to do this. Higher acuity/higher risk patients.
Come from ER, ICU, or MedSurg that have a change in acuity
requiring high level of care. Occasionally from outreach facilities
that need higher level of care. Send & receive pts from cath lab.
Titrate heparin. Titrate Amiodarone & Cardizem. Dopamine &
Dobutamine set rates. No nitro. Would be helpful if have stepdown
experience. They do not have a stepdown unit here.
- Medications: Titrate: Heparin, Amiodarone, & Cardizem. Dopamine &
Dobutamine set rates. Lasix. No nitro or insulin. Occasionally pt
may come from the cath lab with Integrilin drip until the infusion
is done. Occasional patient w/ chemo, however chemo cert staff will
administer, unless candidate has chemo cert.
- Floating: Tele staff will float to med/surg, the other tele unit
(4W), & could be floated to ICU . If floated to ICU traveler will
be given patients with appropriate level of acuity. They will get
orientation to the ICU.Quality Nurses Job ID #d395519. Pay package
is based on 12 hour shifts and 36 hours per week (subject to
confirmation) with tax-free stipend amount to be determined.About
Quality NursesWe are travelers building the kind of agency we
always wanted, while still working assignments.We are transparent.
Our clinicians are just as important to us as our customers.We only
hire clinicians we'd be glad to work with on the same unit. If
approved, you will get your own admin dedicated to helping you with
everything before, during, and after each assignment for your
entire time with us.--More info:---Pay is every Friday starting the
second Friday of your assignment.
We do not provide:
-Housing-Any Reimbursements (including onboarding requirements)
other than the max allowable GSA Per Diem for qualified
travelers-Health insurance-401k plan-Referral bonusesBenefits
- Weekly pay
- Cancelation protection
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
Keywords: Quality Nurses, Bakersfield , Travel Nurse RN - Telemetry - $3,400 per week, Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!