Medical Assistant TEMP - Optometry
Company: Clinica Sierra Vista
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description Clinica Sierra Vista is excited to be one of the
largest Federally Qualified Health Centers in the Nation! We're
honored to serve the men and women of the fields. We also offer
care and support to the inner city, the rural and isolated, those
of low, moderate, and fixed incomes, and families from an array of
cultural backgrounds who speak several languages. We don't inquire
about immigration status because we simply don't need to know. If
you come to us, we will treat you like any other patient. As we
grow our team, we are looking for individuals who believe the
patient is always #1. Why work for us?
- Competitive pay which matches your abilities and
- Health coverage for you and your family
- Generous number of vacation days per year
- A robust wellness plan and health club discounts
- Continuing education assistance to grow and further your
- 403(B) plan with company matching Intrigued? We'd love to hear
from you! Please review the job details below and then click
"apply."We're looking for someone to join our team as a Temporary
Medical Assistant who:The Medical Assistant - Optometry serves as a
direct assistant to the optometrist at Clinica Sierra Vista and is
the principal staff member responsible for conducting pre-testing
and special testing as well as processing patient's information
through the electronic medical record. The position requires an
individual who can function independently, respect the
confidentiality of our patient's problems, and multitask in fast
paced environment.Essential Functions:
- Input patient's information through the organization's
electronic health record accurately and efficiently.
- Manage continuous patient flow by effectively communicating
with team members and providers.
- Prepare exam equipment in the morning/closing.
- Checking optometric supplies/contact lens inventory weekly and
ordering supplies/contact lens trials as needed.
- Assist the doctor by conducting pre-testing and special testing
efficiently and accurately.
- Inputting medication orders and counseling patients effectively
on any use of medications, if needed.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions,
troubleshooting when needed.
- Disinfect and wipe down all equipment in between patients.
- Keep work area, products, and equipment clean and
- Performs other duties as may be required. See attachment for
full job description. You'll be successful with the following
- High school graduate and completion of accredited Medical
Assistant Program required.
- Current CPR card required.
- Current CA driver's license and clean driving record
- Bilingual/fluent in Spanish preferred.
- Must adhere to Clinica Sierra Vista's employee
health/immunization requirements or provide a valid exemption
request for subsequent approval.Clinica Sierra Vista values human
rights, goodwill, respect, inclusivity, equality, and recognizes
that the organization derives its strength from a rich diversity of
thoughts, ideas, and contributions. As leaders in healthcare
industry, we aspire to be an employer of choice by promoting an
organizational culture that reflects these core values. We seek to
attract, develop, and retain a talented and dedicated workforce
where people of diverse races, genders, religions, cultures,
political affiliations and lifestyles thrive. Our goal is to create
a welcoming and inclusive environment that empowers our employees
to provide the highest level of service to our community of
residents and businesses; they're counting on us.Clinica Sierra
Vista is an equal opportunity employer and strives to attract
qualified applicants from all walks of life without regard to race,
color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status,
ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any
other status protected under federal, state and/or local law. We
aim to create an environment that celebrates and embraces the
diversity of our workforce. We welcome you to join our team!
Keywords: Clinica Sierra Vista, Bakersfield , Medical Assistant TEMP - Optometry, Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!