TEMP Medical Assistant I - BH Frazier Park
Company: Clinica Sierra Vista
Location: Frazier Park
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description Clinica Sierra Vista is excited to be one of the
largest Federally Qualified Health Centers in the Nation! We're
honored to serve the men and women of the fields. We also offer
care and support to the inner city, the rural and isolated, those
of low, moderate, and fixed incomes, and families from an array of
cultural backgrounds who speak several languages. We don't inquire
about immigration status because we simply don't need to know. If
you come to us, we will treat you like any other patient. As we
grow our team, we are looking for individuals who believe the
patient is always #1. Why work for us?
- Competitive pay which matches your abilities and
- Health coverage for you and your family
- Generous number of vacation days per year
- A robust wellness plan and health club discounts
- Continuing education assistance to grow and further your
- 403(B) plan with company matching Intrigued? We'd love to hear
from you! Please review the job details below and then click
"apply."We're looking for someone to join our team as a Medical
Assistant I - BH who:This position serves as the client's welcoming
person for psychiatric (medication) service requests and is the
principal staff member responsible for the smooth flow of patients'
medication management process. The Medical Assistant (MA) makes
appointments for client's needs according to written protocols and
directs clients to appropriate providers schedules. The MA assures
that the time for the day is well scheduled for all mental health
providers, necessary paperwork and treatment plans are complete
prior to the client's visits and communicates directly to the
psychiatrist or nurse practitioner regarding client's medication
management needs. The MA will be expected to address the needs of
the clients by managing the provider's schedule to ensure timely
medication compliance for all clients. The MA serves as the
mediator in "warm handoffs" between psychiatric providers and the
client's behavioral health team. The MA will function within the
scope of practice as described by the State of California Board.
The position requires an individual who can function independently,
who can prioritize activities, and who will respect the
confidentiality of our clients by ensuring all HIPAA requirements
are upheld to the highest standard. Essential Functions:
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments and communicates
with medical providers, behavioral health providers, and
- Serves as the mediator in ‘warm handoffs', where a transfer of
care between two members of the BH team (e.g. medical provider to
behavioral health therapist) occurs in front of the patient. This
transparent handoff of care allows all parties to hear what is said
and engage the client in communication, giving all the opportunity
to clarify or correct information or ask questions about care.
- Welcomes individuals served by telephone or in person with
their requests for psychiatric medication service and in their
on-going care at the clinic.
- Performs routine patient care functions as prescribed by
licensed healthcare providers following established clinical
protocols, policies, and procedures within their scope of
education, training, and responsibilities.
- Makes appointments for clients according to written protocols
and the needs of clients (i.e., ensuring high risk clients are
addressed in an urgent manner).
- Document pertinent patient information, nursing procedures and
patient response, following established guidelines and maintaining
- Documentation must be dated, legible and with the appropriate
signature to all entries (first initial, last name and title). All
pre-printed prompts are to be answered.
- Answers all incoming calls in a welcoming and professional
- Other work as required, such as backup support for reception
desk.You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Completion of accredited Medical Assistant Program preferred.
Employee may be trained on the job in compliance with State
regulations if needed.
- Current Basic Life Support Card required.
- Willingness to work well with other health care providers.
- Commitment to the concept of preventative medicine and team
approach to health care delivery.
- Willingness to participate aggressively in the expanded role of
the medical assistant.
- Minimum of two years' experience in a medical setting or one
year experience in a behavioral health setting, or other equaling
- Must adhere to Clinica Sierra Vista's employee
health/immunization requirements or provide a valid exemption
request for subsequent approval.Clinica Sierra Vista values human
rights, goodwill, respect, inclusivity, equality, and recognizes
that the organization derives its strength from a rich diversity of
thoughts, ideas, and contributions. As leaders in healthcare
industry, we aspire to be an employer of choice by promoting an
organizational culture that reflects these core values. We seek to
attract, develop, and retain a talented and dedicated workforce
where people of diverse races, genders, religions, cultures,
political affiliations and lifestyles thrive. Our goal is to create
a welcoming and inclusive environment that empowers our employees
to provide the highest level of service to our community of
residents and businesses; they're counting on us.Clinica Sierra
Vista is an equal opportunity employer and strives to attract
qualified applicants from all walks of life without regard to race,
color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status,
ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any
other status protected under federal, state and/or local law. We
aim to create an environment that celebrates and embraces the
diversity of our workforce. We welcome you to join our team!
Keywords: Clinica Sierra Vista, Bakersfield , TEMP Medical Assistant I - BH Frazier Park, Healthcare , Frazier Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!