Registered Dental Assistant - Lamont and Float available
Company: Clinica Sierra Vista
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Under the Direct supervision of a dentist, which means supervision
of dental procedures based on instructions given by a licensed
dentist who must be physically present in the treatment facility
during the performance of those procedures. The duty must be
performed pursuant to the order, control and full professional
responsibility of the supervising dentist. Such procedures must be
checked and approved by the supervising dentist prior to dismissal
of the patient from the office of said dentist.
* Dental Assistant will be proficient in four handed dentistry.
* Assist the dentist in all aspects of chairside assisting. These
duties include but not limited to:
* Draping and seating the patient in dental chair. Placing proper
tray set up and developing room preparation. Will confirm all
treatment is recorded in the chart and all the necessary
information of the patient visit is indicated on route slips.
* Operate Dental radiography equipment
* Apply topical agents
* Remove dressings
* Must be an active and enthusiastic team member.
* Will fill in as Dental Receptionist to answer telephone calls,
route and assist incoming patients and any other tasks as
* Follows Infection Control policies
* Follows HIPPA Policies
* Follows Radiology Policies
* Follows sterilization protocols, and consistently demonstrates
adherence to the sterilization process.
* Perform other work related duties as required.
Supervised Essential Functions:
A dental assistant may perform the following duties under the
direct supervision of a supervising licensed dentist:
* Apply nonaerosol and noncaustic topical agents.
* Apply topical fluoride.
* Take intraoral impressions for all nonprosthodontic
* Place and remove rubber dams or other isolation devices.
* Place, wedge, and remove matrices for restorative procedures.
* Remove postextraction dressings after inspection of the surgical
site by the supervising licensed dentist.
* Remove periodontal dressings.
* Remove sutures after inspection of the site by the dentist.
* Assist in the administration of nitrous oxide when used for
analgesia or sedation. A dental assistant shall not start the
administration of the gases and shall not adjust the flow of the
gases unless instructed to do so by the supervising licensed
dentist who shall be present at the patient's chairside during the
implementation of these instructions. This paragraph shall not be
construed to prevent any person from taking appropriate action in
the event of a medical emergency.
Essential Functions for RDA:
* Remove or fabricate provisional restorations.
* Take impressions.
* Polish coronal surfaces of the teeth.
* Remove excess cement.
* Place bases, liners, and bonding agents.
* Any other duties as the dental board prescribes by
* May be required to work at any site as needed.
* Two years experience is preferred
* Must possess both California license for Registered Dental
Assistant and sealant certificate.
* Preferably bilingual in English and Spanish.
* Willingness to participate in expanded duty program as such
program becomes operational.
* Desire to work closely with patients and staff.
* Graduation from high school.
* Possession of State Radiological Certification
* Must adhere to Clinica Sierra Vista's employee
health/immunization requirements or provide a valid exemption
request for subsequent approval.
Reaching Overhead 3%
Repetitive Motion 10%
Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
Clinica Sierra Vista values human rights, goodwill, respect,
inclusivity, equality, and recognizes that the organization derives
its strength from a rich diversity of thoughts, ideas, and
contributions. As leaders in healthcare industry, we aspire to be
an employer of choice by promoting an organizational culture that
reflects these core values. We seek to attract, develop, and retain
a talented and dedicated workforce where people of diverse races,
genders, religions, cultures, political affiliations and lifestyles
thrive. Our goal is to create a welcoming and inclusive environment
that empowers our employees to provide the highest level of service
to our community of residents and businesses; they're counting on
Clinica Sierra Vista is an equal opportunity employer and strives
to attract qualified applicants from all walks of life without
regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
marital status, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran
status, or any other status protected under federal, state and/or
local law. We aim to create an environment that celebrates and
embraces the diversity of our workforce. We welcome you to join our
Keywords: Clinica Sierra Vista, Bakersfield , Registered Dental Assistant - Lamont and Float available, Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!