Registered Nurse - Cath Lab (Days)
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description*$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Cath Lab
Responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care,
implementing and evaluating the care. The RN administers
medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping
with the current clinical nursing practice. The RN is responsible
for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to
non-licensed personnel. As a member of the interdisciplinary care
team, the RN works collaboratively with the other members to assure
the safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the RN
performs a range of technical services in a cross-functional mode
to comprehensively serve patient needs. Assumes, under the
direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen
testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Licensure/Certification: Registered Nurse with current state
licensure. BLS certification required upon hire. ACLS certification
required upon hire. PALS certification required upon hire for RN's
working in the Emergency Department. Basic Arrhythmia Exam will be
given upon orientation and must pass with 85% rate to show
- Experience: Minimum of one-year adult, acute care with
cardiology/cardiovascular nursing preferred. RNs with less than one
year experience in acute care will be considered a new
Cath Lab -
- Performs patient assessments pre, peri, and post
- Maintains a safe, aseptic environment in the Cath Lab.
- Administers medications as ordered by the physician.
- Maintains competent knowledge of all procedures and adheres to
- Assists all personnel, patients, and physicians as
- Assures that all supplies are available.
- Able to operate and maintains equipment in good working
- Participates in the total maintenance of the
- Ensures that patient has an H & P documented by a physician
according to appropriate standards prior to procedure.
- Settles patient after procedures and provides accepting RN with
concise reports on the patient.
Patient Care -
- Completes admission assessment and periodic reassessments
according to patient's progress and/or unit protocols and age -
- Documents findings and communicates all pertinent information
to interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members in the
development, evaluation, and revision of the plan of care as
appropriate to meet the patient's needs and goals.
- Provides competent direct care and ensures the provision of a
safe and comforting environment resulting in a high level of
- Assists healthcare team members in the understanding of
hospital policies and procedures
- Provides education to patients/families/significant others,
incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains standard precautions.
- Administers medications and completes treatments according to
hospital policy and within age -specific parameters.
- Maintains all necessary documentation.
- Facilitates discharge plan in collaboration with
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use necessary patient
- Coordinates response of the interdisciplinary team to emergency
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according
to established policy and procedure. Documents required information
and complies with all Point of Care quality control
- Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care and revise
plan by the patient's response to treatment. Evaluate plan
regularly for effectiveness.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Resource Nurse, Team
Leader, and Physician.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identifies
dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based on protocol.
- Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients per
- Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly
interpret the results.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an
interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
*Sign On Bonus - RN's with two or more years experience are
qualified. Additional details provided upon offer. (terms and
At Bakersfield Heart Hospital, our patients are family. Healthcare
is constantly evolving, our growing organization is devoted to
ensuring that each person in our care feels safe. Our world-class
team of driven, passionate healthcare professionals are always
focused on service excellence and providing top quality care at the
bedside. If you share our values, we want to hear from you!
Competitive Pay. Full Suite of Benefits.
Bakersfield Heart Hospital is committed to the safety and wellbeing
of our team members and patients. Therefore, we require that all
team members receive all required vaccinations, including, but not
limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability
of the flu vaccine typically during October - March each year),
etc. as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical
and religious exemptions may apply.
ExperienceMinimum of one-year adult, acute care with
cardiology/cardiovascular nursing preferred. (required)
Licenses & CertificationsRegistered Nurse (required)
Advanced Cardiac Life Sup (required)
Basic Life Support (required)
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Bakersfield , Registered Nurse - Cath Lab (Days), Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!