Company: Marvel Medical Staffing
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Unit Notes:- Unit: ICU and ICU-CV Recovery
-Basic EKG interpretation test assigned during orientation.
Critical care RNs (ED/ICUs/PICU) will have more than just the basic
interpretation test (like those included in the STEMI curriculum
and Procedural Sedation curriculum assigned to them).
- # beds: 24 Beds (with the capacity to go up to 32 beds)
- Ratios: 1 to 1, 1 to 2
- Intensivist: Intensivist on the unit from 7a - 5p & on-call after
- Certs: BLS & ACLS are required.
NIHSS, IABP, CRRT, & ICP are NOT required; however if they have any
of these it would be a plus! "
- EMR System: Cerner experience preferred. Make sure to ask if they
already have Cerner experience & if so, was this recent They can
comp test out of Cerner training.
- Add'l Equipment: Pagers linked to call light system & internal
spectra link phones
- Unit Orientation: 2 shifts on the unit, as well as orientation to
the East tower (4E, 5E, & 6E) & West tower (4W & 5W) for floating
- Nurse Aides: No
- Charge Nurse: Yes - Rarely take patients. There is also a "Free
Resource Nurse" that MAY take patients IF staffing needs require
this. Charge responds to all Rapid responses
- Shifts/Hours: 12's; 7a - 7:30p/7p - 7:30a
- Breaks: 1/2 hour break (clock-out); 3 - 15 min breaks per shift
- Weekends: Every other weekend or equivalent of 4 weekend shifts
in a 4 week schedule (Example: could be 2 in a row, then off 2 in a
- Scrub Color: Navy blue. If you wear a scrub jacket it also must
be navy. If you wear an undershirt underneath your scrub top it
must be navy, white, or black.
- Tele: Spacelabs Monitoring - 24/7 monitor techs on this unit &
also help out as secretary, etc However, nurses are solely for all
of their own tele strips, reading, etc NOTE: tele monitors are also
in the patient rooms.
- Vents: Yes - Maintained by RT
- IV Team: No
- RT 24/7: Yes
- Pharmacy 24/7: 24/7 pharmacy in the hospital. Dedicated
pharmacist on the unit 12/hr M-F & 6 hrs on the weekends. Also
- Types of patients: "Respiratory failure, sepsis, AMI, ARDS, GI
bleed, CABG (fresh hearts by trained staff), TAVR, Impella,
vascular surgeries, neuro surgeries, CVAs Neuro experience would be
a PLUS. They are adding a Neuro ICU in 2018 & they are seeing a lot
of neuro. Nurses must participate in multidisciplinary rounds.
NOTE: If the need is for a general ICU nurse they would be kept on
the general side. We would know if they were looking for a specific
CV ICU nurse) "
- Medications: All cardiac & vasoactive drips, conscious sedation,
- Floating: MUST be willing to float to any MedSurg/Tele units (4E,
4W, 5E, 5W, & 6E) Travelers float 1st.
Cancellation may cancel up to 3 times per contract. Each
cancellation could be a full shift or any part of a shift.
(Hospital may also pay full hours for a particular shift, in lieu
Shift , first to float
Required , BLS, COVID Vaccine Required, Crisis Protocol Approved,
Keywords: Marvel Medical Staffing, Bakersfield , ICU RN, Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!