Psychiatric Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) - $10k Sign On Bonus!
Company: Correct Care Solutions
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Our Psychiatric ARNP works under the supervision of the Staff Psychiatrist in accordance with established CCRS policy and procedure as well as within state guidelines; maintains documentation required by state or facility guidelines to demonstrate compliance with supervision requirements; provides psychiatric consultation, diagnostic and treatment services to the identified resident population, including medication management and crisis intervention services
- Graduation from an accredited nursing school.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Experience in a residential healthcare institution preferred.
- Certification and licensure as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) in the state of CA, as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Adult PMHNP certification.
- Must maintain CPR certification, and any other certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract.
- Provides comprehensive assessment, plan development, implementation of plan of care and evaluation of effectiveness of interventions with revisions as necessary.
- Initiate, monitors, alters medications and treatments according to approved protocols. Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements and practice standards relating to the prescription, administration of medications including compliance with organization policy and procedures, documentation, requirements, medication education.
- Monitors medication and initiates appropriate therapies for certain conditions and changes medications according to variations in a resident's response within established protocols.
- Observes and differentiates between signs and symptoms associated with normal human physiology and those indicative of pathological changes.
- Documents all relevant resident care issues in residents' progress notes and treatment plan.
- Includes the use of seclusion and restraint and alternative interventions, documentation requirements, disaster and fire procedures, infection control, risk management.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats residents as an individual, and considers the culture of the residents when providing care and treatment.
- Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each resident.
- Participates in psychiatric on-call schedule if on-call services are required
- Ensures progress note and treatment plan documentation is in specified format, problem oriented, and is legible
- Ensures all documentation is dated, timed, legible, problem oriented and signed
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens before using non-formulary medications.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her individual judgments and actions.
- Provides input into AES Center committees such as Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Quality Improvement, Resident Care Management, Mental Health Treatment Team, as requested by Staff Psychiatrist.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Correct Care Solutions, Bakersfield , Psychiatric Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) - $10k Sign On Bonus!, Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!