Nursing Practice Specialist - Med/Surg Tele
Company: Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital is a 426 bed acute care medical center offering a full range of services including the Sarvanand Heart and Brain Center, Grossman Burn Center at Memorial Hospital, expanded maternity and family care, the Lauren Small Children's Center, orthopedic services, wound care center, 24-hour emergency care and general/outpatient surgery. Memorial Hospital is a Children's Miracle Network Hospital and is home to the Bakersfield Ronald McDonald House. Memorial Hospital is a member of Dignity Health and is a trusted community partner, serving residents of Bakersfield and Kern County with quality, compassionate care since 1956. Learn more by visiting Bakersfield Memorial Hospital .
The clinical nurse educator functions in the role of expert clinician and educator. In collaboration with the nursing staff, nursing manager, nursing director, education services, Director of Nursing Standards and Practice, and physicians, monitors the clinical care of patients and provides clinical support to improve patient care, staff satisfaction, patient satisfaction and patient outcomes. The clinical educator is a role model, patient advocate, change agent, leader, and cost effective practitioner.
- CA RN, BLS and ACLS required
- A minimum of 5 years current clinical experience caring for telemetry patients.
- Computer skills required include the use of Word, Outlook, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Prefer background in Clinical Education.
- National Certification Preferred.
- Ability to work independently, self motivated and self directed, set priorities and manage work within established timeframe's, read and analyze technical material, communicate effectively verbally and in writing and present a positive mental attitude.
- Must be able to give presentations to staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
- Must be familiar with CMS Conditions of Participation, Joint Commission Standards, CDPH Title 22, NPSG's, and Core Measures including AMI, CHF, Pneumonia, SCIP and HOP.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and instruct others on the unique, individualized care of the patient population on the Med/Surg and Telemetry Units.
- ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider
Keywords: Bakersfield Memorial Hospital, Bakersfield , Nursing Practice Specialist - Med/Surg Tele, Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!