Advanced Practice Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
Company: Kern Medical
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Kern Medical is an academic teaching hospital with strong clinical
pharmacy program who are seeking a Advanced Practice Ambulatory
Care Pharmacist. Our Clinical Pharmacist enjoy practicing at the
top of their license with prescriptive authority to initiate,
adjust, or discontinue medications in the management of chronic
disease states. Our clinical pharmacists have strong working
relations with our team of physicians and ancillary personnel. We
strive to recruit the highest quality candidates, resulting in a
high performance workforce that consistently delivers quality
patient care. Career Opportunities within Kern Medical include many
benefits such as:
- New Hire Bonus : $6,000 sign on (paid over 1 year of
- New Hire Premium : +6% of base rate of pay, matched up to 6% if
contributed to Deferred Compensation Plan.
- A Comprehensive Benefits Package : includes Holidays, Vacation,
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and very generous
retirement plan (6% match on 457b retirement plan plus 1.62% per
year of service pension plan) Job Description We are seeking an
Advanced Practice Ambulatory Care Pharmacist for one of our Patient
Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) who has expertise in chronic disease
state management. Our clinical pharmacists work collaboratively
with a team of a physician, physician assistant, nurses, and
medical social workers to provide complete and comprehensive care
of our patients. Our pharmacists will typically see new patients
along with their physician colleague, and will often assume care of
the patient on follow up for chronic disease state management.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS: This classification is
distinguished from those of Pharmacist and Supervising Pharmacist
in that an incumbent in the position of Clinical Pharmacist by
virtue of specialized training is concerned with complex problems
of pharmacologic actions, drug monitoring and the educational
implications of health professional training programs. Essential
- Coordinates the clinical pharmacy applications to patient care;
reviews medication utilization in outpatient and inpatient
- Initiates, adjusts, discontinues medications per prescriptive
protocols in the chronic disease state management of patients
(typical disease states include diabetes, hypertension,
dyslipidemia, asthma, COPD, etc)
- Orders appropriate labs to monitor disease states and the
medication therapy thereof
- Makes rounds with physicians and provides consultation to
medical staff on drug therapy and drug dosages.
- Takes medication histories.
- Assists nursing personnel with drug related problems.
- Prepares and conducts formal presentations to medical and
nursing staff, particularly in basic science fields of physiology,
pharmacology and biochemistry.
- Participates in training programs for pharmacists and other
ancillary hospital personnel.
- Provides consultant services to various medical staff
committees; dependent upon area of practice or department
assignments, demonstrates clinical knowledge and skill in the care
of the newborn, infant, toddler, child, adolescent, adult and
geriatric patient ranging up to 100+ years of age.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: Kern Medical, Bakersfield , Advanced Practice Ambulatory Care Pharmacist, Healthcare , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!