Quality Control Supervisor (3rd Shift)
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job SummaryThe Supervisor - Quality Control, under limited
supervision, conducts studies and projects as related to test
method development or regulatory submittals. Investigates testing
process and product improvement for silicones using knowledge of
chemistry. Oversees proper traceability of QA Chemists' projects
and supervision of department personnel and increasingly advanced
knowledge and experience. Reports to department manager or
- 10pm-630amWhy Avantor?
- Full-Time Health Benefits on Your First Day
- Sign-On Bonus
- Annual Bonus
- Competitive Time off Package (PTO and Holidays)
- Employee Stock Options
- Retirement Plan Options with company match
- Direct HireWhat does the position do?
- Will train QA chemists and supervise their daily duties.
- Writes specific procedures (TM/CP).
- Maintains quality of QA Chemists.
- Follows proper documentation procedures, including keeping
up-to-date and accurate records.
- Assists in the development of new testing methodology.
- Performs analytical and functional testing.
- Brings routine and non-routine problems to attention of QA
- Interacts with department personnel in sharing ideas and
results of various projects.
- May have customer contact.
- Performs administrative functions relative to supervision of
- Must be regular and punctual in attendance
What do you need to have?
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or similar science from
four-year college or university; OR one to two years related
experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education
- 2-5 years lead or supervisory experience in quality control/
laboratory environmentWhat would be nice to have?
- The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to optimally present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, statistics,
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
regularly required to maintain a pleasant and professional manner
with coworkers, customers and visitors.
- Must effectively handle and prioritize multiple tasks, meet
deadlines, and work as a great teammate.
- Effectively delegate, handle people, make decisions on
imperfect information and to communicate and give and receive
complex oral and/or written instructions.
- Work with high level of efficiency and confidentiality.
- Resolve and carry out appropriate actions addressing employee
disciplinary issues.What's the environment like?
- Employee will work in a non-climate controlled
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- For safety, the use of contact lenses for any reason, cosmetic
or corrective, is prohibited on the production floor, in the lab
areas, in the engineering shop, or while working on equipment.
- The company will provide prescription safety glasses with a
current (under 12 months) vision corrective prescription provided
by the employee. The employee frequently is required to stand and
- The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must pass pulmonary function test in order to wear
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law.If you need a reasonable accommodation
for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email
at email@example.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more
information about equal employment opportunity protections, please
view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the
Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
Provision using the links below.EEO is the LawOFCCP EEO
SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION3rd Party
Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates without having
been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job
requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor
recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted
candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor
works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative
to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not
be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Bakersfield , Quality Control Supervisor (3rd Shift), Hospitality & Tourism , Keene, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!