Area Operations Supervisor - Distribution Center
Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
GENERAL PURPOSE: Supervises activities of regular associates and
temporary workers. Assesses production schedules and labor-hour
requirements for completion of job assignments. Adheres to company
policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Enforces safety
regulations. Evaluates and assesses production methods,
performances and efficiency for improvements and/or changes.
Prepares and administers associate performance evaluations.
Determines time and production standards and maintains records.
Must have a "can-do", "make-it-happen" attitude. This is
demonstrated by displaying the ability to use perseverance and
initiative in order to ensure top performance, quality and service
to our stores. Responsible for developing and maintaining an open,
engaging labor relations environment which remains issue free.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Manage hourly team to ensure timely and
accurate processing and distribution of merchandise to stores
- By effectively using the MAP (Managing Associate Performance)
process, train, assess, motivate, coach, and evaluate associates in
all areas of job duties using established methods and
- Ensure rapid, accurate movement and processing of merchandise
using established engineered methods and standards.
- Organize and prioritize daily work orders and staffing needs to
meet production goals.
- Responsible for accuracy/quality of work for all assigned
regular & temp associates.
Responsible for creating an effective team culture which recognizes
individual and team performance, while maintaining an issue free
environment in a demanding work environment.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with other
Area Supervisors, DC Operations Management, and all support
- Conduct daily huddle meetings to communicate important daily
events & priorities.
- Assist with the coordination of associate training/meetings for
subjects such as safety, human resources, new process orientation,
and other subjects as conditions necessitate.
- Enforce policies/procedures and safety regulations, providing
appropriate constructive & positive consequences to team for
managing safe working behaviors.
- Conduct corrective action meetings regarding job performance,
attendance and behavior with associates, in compliance with company
policies and procedures, including the separation process when
direct reports are to be separated from employment.
Utilization of HR Services by:
- Using provided resources and tools, refer or answer non-exempt
questions re: payroll, benefits, policy, who to contact
- Support required HRS investigations; engage with necessary
parties for initial fact-findings, document findings and escalate
to HRS using email template
- Write and administer corrective actions and non-exempt
- Contact HRS regarding any accommodation issues as they
- Follow HRS Management Reference Guide for compliance with
established processes and company policies
- Ensure associates follow the DC Pay-to-the-Punch guidelines, to
include the timely administration of the missed punch process for
- Partner with the Transactional Talent team for on-boarding,
job-posting, inquiries, etc. as needed
Manage all administrative tasks and functions for responsible area.
- Perform internal realistic job previews in accordance with the
Job Posting Process.
- Prepare associate evaluations and administer reviews with the
assistance of the DC Merchandise Manager.
- Maintain daily paperwork, such as time and production
- Assist merchandise processors with paperwork, ticketing
problems and troubleshooting orders.
- Provide updates to DC Merchandise Manager on production
planning information and needs/problems of the area.
Miscellaneous functions and responsibilities:
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Attend and help plan any special events planned for his/her
- Interpersonal Skills
- Drives Results
- Planning & Organizing
- CommitmentQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS degree or two years supervisory experience in a production
or merchandising function (preferred).
- Developed written and verbal communication skills, as well as
organization/prioritization skills are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively
across multiple shifts/departments is required.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS/ADA:Please include any additional physical
requirements below the standard requirementsRequirements:
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability
to work in a warehouse environment, primarily on a concrete floor.
The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the
telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with
paper/files, etc.Occasional Requirements: Job requires bending,
kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds.Vision
requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or
electronically.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Hourly Associates of
varying classifications, including Checker, Marker, Packer,
Material Handler, Splitter, Loader, Unloader, Inductor, etc.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc., Bakersfield , Area Operations Supervisor - Distribution Center, Hospitality & Tourism , Shafter, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!