Licensed Vocational Nurse II Full Time Bakersfield Med Center Central Staffing
Location: Mc Farland
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Licensed Vocational Nurses are licensed health professionals who
perform patient care, technical and supportive services under
general supervision in a medical office or clinical setting. The
LVN supports the philosophy and complies with the protocols,
policies and procedures of the Organization and the assigned
Medical Office Department.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Representative Tasks: Perform patient care functions as
prescribed by physician/health care professionals following
established protocols, policies and procedures within their scope
of education, training and responsibilities.
- Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor
surgical procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Assess and monitor patients' condition and notify
physician/health care professional for disposition.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by physician
order, following established protocols.
- Initiate and maintain Intravenous solutions as prescribed by
physician, following established protocols.
- Maintain equipment and supplies.
- Identify and arrange for equipment needing repair.
- Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control as
directed by the Infection Control Manual.
- Monitor patient flow and assign/direct other ancillary
personnel as needed.
- Provide medical information and education to patients,
following established protocols and guidelines.
- Document pertinent patient information, assessment and nursing
procedures, following established protocols.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Patient/Care Procedures: Explain purpose and process of
examinations, tests and medical procedures to patients, following
- Instruct patients on general health and basic self care
- Review, explain and clarify physician orders with patient or
- Instruct patient in use of home equipment.
- Administer patient first aid.
- Apply basic orthopedic devices, as ordered by physician.
- Apply and remove dressings.
- Execute treatments such as urinary catheterization, bladder
irrigations, suction procedures and throat irrigations.
- Follow standard infection control procedures.
- Administer enemas.
- Initiate emergency procedures (including basic CPR) and provide
emergency patient treatments.
- Irrigate and pack wounds.
- Lift patients.
- Monitor patient vital signs.
- Monitor patients for bleeding.
- Observe machine monitors.
- Administer inhalation therapy.
- Participate in development of nursing care plans.
- Perform surgical preps.
- Prepare and position patients for procedures.
- Prepare patients for physical examinations.
- Provide therapeutic care as ordered by physician.
- Rinse and clean instruments and equipment.
- Sterilize instruments and equipment.
- Arrange for equipment repair and maintenance.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Monitor supply of oxygen and gas tanks.
- Complete laboratory, radiology requisitions and specialized
- Notify appropriate personnel of abnormal lab test results.
- Answer member inquires.
- Observe patient condition for reactions during and after
- Remove sutures following established protocols.
- Respond to Code Blues.
- Take and record patient vital signs, height, weight, etc.
- Obtain specimens from patients (urine, stool, etc.).
- Perform venipuncture and finger sticks to obtain blood
- Prepare specimens and specimens for lab analysis.
- Perform urine tests (tablet or dipstick.)
- Perform vision screening using Snellen chart.
- Perform routine diagnostic tests, following established
- Perform skin tests.
- Assist as member of surgical team.
- Assist physicians with endotrachael intubations.
- Assists physician in obtaining tissue specimens and
- Assist with proctological procedures (i.e.
- Restrain or support patients during procedures.
- Perform EKG's (electrocardiograms.)
- Assist patients with ambulation and exercises, following
- Administer topical or aerosol medication as ordered.
- Administer medications as prescribed, within scope of
- Initiate and maintain I.V. solutions as prescribed and within
scope of practice.
- Transportation: Transport patients to/from designated
- Route specimens to laboratory.
- Transport laboratory specimens, medical records, laboratory
supplies and materials.
- Transport office supplies and materials, patient related
supplies and materials.
- Transport equipment, and procedures trays.
- Administrative/Clerical/Record Keeping: Request charts/medical
- Schedule, cancel and reschedule patient appointments.
- Initiate follow up appointments with patients.
- Check in patients/members.
- Prepare outgoing mail.
- Locate personnel by paging system or beeper.
- Provide patient information to family members, following
patient confidentiality guidelines.
- Record and send Fax's.
- Screen patient calls and take messages for providers.
- Maintain department logs.
- Maintain and update user manuals.
- Monitor and maintain protocol manuals.
- Respond to requests for information.
- Order medical supplies and equipment.
- Receive, store and distribute materials and supplies.
- Replenish linen.
- Adjust work schedules and/or reassign personnel as
- Serve as resource to coworkers by answering procedure questions
and assisting in problem solving.
- Participate in special projects and studies.
- Demonstrate safety procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor activities within the module.
- Function as team leader.
- Participate in department meetings.
- Train and orient new staff to equipment, general duties and
procedures, following established protocols.
- Maintain proficiency in clinical skills.
- Answer call lights.
- Answer telephones and take messages.
- Call in telephone prescriptions, following established
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
as directed.Basic Qualifications:Experience
- One (1) year of recent (within the last three (3) years)
experience as a LVN in an acute/outpatient setting.Education
- N/ALicense, Certification, Registration
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse license
- Current I.V. Certification required.
- Basic Life Support required. -Additional Requirements:
- N/A -Preferred Qualifications:
- Computer and typing skills preferred.Notes:
- May required to work different depts and for different
providers as this is a float position
- May be required to work evening clinics and at other facilities
to meet operational need - -Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing
Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Bakersfield , Licensed Vocational Nurse II Full Time Bakersfield Med Center Central Staffing, Human Resources , Mc Farland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!