Principal Software Engineering Architect
Company: Healthcare Finance Direct
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Join the pioneers of pay-over-time payment plans in healthcare!
We've taken a huge challenge and made it into our mission We
believe people deserve to get the treatment they need which we
achieve by offering payment plans that allow practices to accept
We have found new ways to look at financing and to realize our
goals. We need individuals who can find new ways to look at
technology. To that end, we are growing our team of smart,
creative, and passionate optimists - the kind of people who see
opportunity where others see obstacles. This is an opportunity to
play a critical role in a market defining Fintech company.
If you are looking for a transparent, joyful, curious,
collaborative, and focused workplace then read on.
In this technical leadership contributor position you will take a
lead role in the overall architecture of HFD's software,
collaborating closely with engineering leads and engineering
management to design, communicate, and continually improve the
architecture of our system. At the same time you will have the
opportunity to spend a significant amount of time doing what you
love, writing code. At times this will be your own projects at
others you will join with teams to accelerate their ability to
As a senior member of our engineering team, you will be
instrumental in the next generation of our product utilizing
micro-services, React, and AWS. This is an opportunity to play a
role in re-architecting a high-volume transactional product to work
at scale while applying the best practices in security, quality,
and cloud. This is a great chance to flex your engineering muscles
and demonstrate how much you can contribute when given the
What You'll Do
- Lead the design of a unified architectural vision and advocate
it within the whole engineering team
- Review implementation designs, providing feedback on
- Take ultimate responsibility on all architectural decisions,
including leading troubleshooting efforts when necessary
- Look ahead at emerging technologies and trends that should be
considered in evolving our architecture.
- Build microservices and REST APIs capable of handling high
volume traffic, securely and resiliently
- Work individually and on teams as a hands-on individual
contributor to build solutions.
- Implement well structured, unit tested, clean, and maintainable
- Make others better through code reviews, documentation,
technical guidance, and mentoring.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related category, or
demonstrable equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years of software development experience including
at least 3 years as a senior/principal engineer
- Demonstrable experience establishing architecture and
- At least 3 years experience architecting cloud based
- Demonstrated experience in techniques for implementing
security, scalability and resiliency in cloud based solutions
- Experience building asynchronous and fault-tolerant systems
using modern MQ technologies.
- Experience architecting high transaction enterprise
- Significant experience with API development and
- Expert knowledge and experience with C# and .Net core.
- Strong programming experience with SQL Server as a data store
(Transactions, locking etc.) - or equivalent
- Experience with ORMs such as Entity Framework, Dapper, or
- Significant experience deploying and supporting cloud-based
software (AWS or Azure)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in cloud environments for a
variety of conditions (response time, performance, etc)
- Ability to actively listen and make a convincing case for
decisions in possibly contentious situations.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills. Bonus
- Healthcare or finance experience
- Experience with PCI and HIPAA certification
- Experience with 3rd party logging solutions such as NLog,
- Experience with 3rd party monitoring solutions such as Datadog,
Dynatrace, Stackify, ANTS profiler, etc.
experience such as AngularJS or React.
- AWS certifications.
- Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, Aflac
Keywords: Healthcare Finance Direct, Bakersfield , Principal Software Engineering Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!