Company: Kern Medical
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Kern Medical has been a community cornerstone since its founding in
1867. Today, we are an acute care teaching center with 222 beds,
offering the only advanced trauma care between Fresno and Los
Angeles. Kern Medical offers a range of primary, specialty, and
multi-specialty services including high-risk pregnancy care,
inpatient psychiatric services integrated with county mental health
programs, and a growing network of outpatient clinics providing
personalized patient-centered wellness care. Kern Medical cares for
15,500 inpatients and 125,000 clinic patients a year.
Career Opportunities within Kern Medical include many benefits such
- New Hire Premium: +6% of base rate of pay, matched up to 6% if
contributed to Deferred Compensation Plan.
- A Comprehensive Benefits Package: includes Holidays, Paid Time
Off, Retirement, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
Position: Hospital Counsel
The Legal Services Department is responsible for the provision of
legal services to, and for the management of the legal affairs of,
the Kern County Hospital Authority and its affiliated entities. The
- Serves as a member of the Legal Services Department;
- Reports to and performs services under the direction and
supervision of the Vice President& General Counsel or his/her
- Provides quality legal services and effective legal counsel in
support of the hospital authority's business operations in a manner
consistent with the hospital authority's mission and applicable
- A Juris Doctor or equivalent degree from an accredited law
- Admission to the State Bar of California.
- Professional licensure in good standing without any instances
of suspension, revocation, censure or other adverse events in any
- A minimum of three (3) years of legal or legal-related work
experience either with a law firm and/or in-house legal department
involving the performance of legal services for hospitals, health
systems, providers, health care delivery organizations, and/or
integrated delivery systems.
- Demonstrated excellent working knowledge and primary focus of
prior work experience in the following substantive legal areas
affecting operations (including applicable federal, state and local
laws, rules and regulations): hospital and health care operations
generally; fraud and abuse, anti-kickback and physician
self-referral (Stark law); hospital licensure, certification,
accreditation and conditions of participation; legal compliance;
reimbursement and payment for services; patient care, safety,
consent and treatment; care management; medical staff and peer
review; medical records; HIPAA, privacy and security; physician
recruitment; hospital-physician contracts; and non-physician and
Keywords: Kern Medical, Bakersfield , Hospital Counsel, Legal , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!