IPTW Superintendent I
Company: Matrix Service, Inc
Posted on: January 17, 2020
We are looking for a Piping Superintendent to join our upstream
Bakersfield California division. This role is responsible for
scheduling, coordinating and supervising craft employee
Schedule, coordinate and supervise craft employee activities. May
involve supervising one or more trade groups (electricians,
boilermakers, carpenters etc.) working in particular construction
discipline (civil, structural electrical etc.).
Plan and supervise foreman and craft activities. Determine method
of construction, safety procedures and requirements, manpower
levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources,
work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
* Actively supports the Company's commitment to safety and its
* Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards
while adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and
* Coordinate assigned work with different crafts, departments or
* Maintain liaison with safety department, engineering, estimating
and planning to ensure work complies with safety policies,
drawings, specifications and schedule.
* Assist in resolving construction problems and safety issues as
* Conducts accident investigations with safety department as
* Assist the Human Resource Department in maintaining
communications to resolving personnel issues of requisitioning
* Monitor craft compliance with project safety program
requirements. Document and ensure corrective measures are
* Conducts field safety audits as required.
* Maintain liaison with other departments (Material Control,
Purchasing, Quality Control, and Engineering) to ensure all
required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft
activities and project schedule.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Assist in the development and review of the project task list,
resource requirements, project execution plans and overall
* Good communication skills both verbal and with a computer.
* Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to
and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize
* Perform all other job related duties as requested by
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of ten (10) years of experience working in the trade
being supervised and two (2) years working as a Craft
* Advanced understanding of construction/maintenance technology,
methods, equipment, tools, and processes required.
* Advanced understanding of our commitment to safety, QA/QC and
* Must possess knowledge and have a good understanding of Matrix
policies and procedures.
* Complete Matrix Service Safety training, Process Safety
Management training and Client / Site specific training.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain an active status within
required drug testing program.
* Must pass background check.
* TWIC card required
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital
status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected
characteristic or category. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Matrix Service, Inc, Bakersfield , IPTW Superintendent I, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!