Maintenance Worker (Bishop & Mammoth Sites) - Short-term Temporary Hourly Assignment
Company: Kern Comunity College District
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Maintenance Worker (Bishop & Mammoth Sites) -
Short-term Temporary Hourly Assignment Position Number: 01335
Posting Date 06/09/2015 Closing Date Initial Screening Date Open
Until Filled Yes Position Type: Short-term Temporary Hourly
$16.64 per hour
Work Week Flexible - as needed Minimum Salary: Maximum Salary:
This position does not qualify for benefits.
College/Site: Cerro Coso College Location CC-Bishop Campus Basic
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a wide
variety of semi-skilled work and assist in skilled work in the
maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities at an assigned
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school AND
two years of increasingly responsible building maintenance
Knowledge and Abilities
- Perform a wide variety of semi-skilled work and assist in
skilled work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and
facilities; maintain computerized records related to work
- Assist in various semi-skilled plumbing duties such as cutting,
threading, and assembling pipe; repair and maintain various
plumbing, heating and air conditioning fixtures.
- Assist in the inspection, servicing, maintenance, and repair of
HVAC equipment including air compressors and water boilers; perform
preventive maintenance duties including replacing belts and
- Assist in the construction, rebuilding and repairing of
District equipment and facilities including various wood and metal
structures, equipment and furniture; frame and install walls,
partitions, doorways and windows; cut glass and mirrors.
- Assist in the installation and repair of carpeting and other
floor coverings; hang draperies; assemble and repair office
furniture; move office furniture and equipment.
- Assist in the repair, adjust and change keyed and combination
locks; install new locks and hardware; repair and re-key lock
- Assist in a variety of painting needs; create paint schedules;
assist in the preparation of surfaces for painting; paint surfaces;
assist in the installation, removal, repair and replacement of
- Assist in the diagnosis of electrical needs and problems;
perform electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation and
alteration of electrical equipment and wiring systems.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools including an electric
saw, planer, drill press, hand drill, grinder, drain auger, welder,
rollers, spray equipment, table saw and a compressor; operate heavy
equipment including a dump truck, backhoe and forklift.
- Drive a vehicle to various locations to pick up and deliver
various supplies, materials and equipment and to perform
maintenance work; load and unload trucks.
- Inspect and monitor the fire sprinkler system.
- Assist in the maintenance of the natural gas system.
- Respond to emergency service requests.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Methods, tools and materials used in the repair and maintenance
of buildings and related equipment.
- Basic principles of heating and air conditioning systems.
- Maintenance and repair of plumbing systems.
- Shop math applicable to the building trades.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Applicable building codes, ordinances, fire regulations and
- Operation and use of hand and power tools and equipment.
- Requirements of maintaining buildings and facilities in good
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Operation of a computer terminal.
- Perform a wide variety of semi-skilled work in the maintenance
and repair of buildings and facilities.
- Assist skilled personnel in the maintenance and repair of
buildings and facilities.
- Operate a vehicle and a wide variety of power equipment and
hand tools related to the building trades.
- Apply and explain applicable building codes, ordinances, fire
regulations and safety precautions.
- Work from blueprints, shop drawings and sketches.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Maintain routine records related to work performed.
- Operate a computer terminal.
Salary Grade 36.5 Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position
is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or
reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate
in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to
work in the United States. Work authorization should be established
at the time of application submission.
Keywords: Kern Comunity College District, Bakersfield , Maintenance Worker (Bishop & Mammoth Sites) - Short-term Temporary Hourly Assignment, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!