Sr. Compost Sales Representative
Company: Synagro Technologies Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Senior Product Sales Representative will be both a lead
seller and will provide technical guidance and support to Synagro's
AllGro compost Products Sales and Marketing (PS&M) in
California initially. As the company grows its composting footprint
in other regions and states, support may be expanded to those
areas. In addition to developing and closing his/her own sales,
this role will support and educate the PS&M sellers in the
areas of agronomic/horticultural/farm management benefits of
incorporating compost into routine nutrient and irrigation
planning. The incumbent should expect to participate with local
sellers in sales meetings with/presentation to prospective end
users and address such questions that may arise. The person filling
this role will also serve as Synagro's primary technical
representative to both California and national professional
associations and trade groups
- Developing and closing compost sales in the California market,
primarily in the Central Valley
- Providing technical support and training related to the
benefits of using compost in varied agricultural contexts to
Product Sales Representatives (PSR), including but not limited to,
accompanying PSR's on sales calls.
- Assist PSR's in determining needs for technical sales support
documents/brochures and working with PSR's to develop same.
- Set up, in coordination with PSR's, and conduct outreach
programs for current and potential end-users (e.g. workshops, field
- Facilitate or conduct targeted research/demonstration programs
aimed at enhancing the value and perspective of compost in regional
agricultural/horticultural settings. Develop relationships with
university and other thought-leaders supporting compost
- Understand and seek to obtain inclusion of Synagro and AllGro
compost in any state or federal grant or market-support activities
such as Healthy Soils Initiatives, Bio Preferred programs,
- Represent Synagro in regional and national professional and
trade organizations, promoting AllGro branding through various
avenues including, but not limited to: presentations as
meetings/conferences; service on committees/executive roles, and
providing support for initiatives such as the review and
development of comments on proposed regulations and
- Learn and understand the federal, state and local regulatory
programs controlling production and sales and distribution of
AllGro compost to insure proper product use in keeping with
regulatory requirements. Work with team to compile information and
submit applications for any such permits.
- Maintain a database of routine product analytical results and
understand how those results impact product value and any
regulatory limits (including product labeling/nutrient
- Work with operations staff and management to improve product
qualities, wherever possible.
- Previous work, educational exposure, and/or life experiences in
areas related to soil health, physics, fertility, and/or the value
of recycling organic matter to soils with specific experience
related to compost especially desirable.
- Certifications as a crop advisor (CCA), agronomist (CPAg), soil
scientist (CPSS) horticulturalist (CH) or willingness and desire to
become so certified.
- Associates, bachelor's or advanced degree in Agriculture,
Agronomy, Horticulture, Environmental Science or allied
- Successful sales experience, especially in agricultural
commodities, with prior experience related to distribution of
compost will be viewed favorably.
- Prior experience (including life experience) in an agricultural
environment will be viewed favorably.
- Bilingualism (English and Spanish) will be considered
Keywords: Synagro Technologies Inc., Bakersfield , Sr. Compost Sales Representative, Other , Taft, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!