Who We Are:
Wonderful College Prep Academy is a charter network in
California's Central Valley committed to providing a world-class
education for all students. The Academy's mission is to graduate
students prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a
promising career path for life. We believe this begins with a
nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment where
students develop a strong and well-rounded academic foundation.
Ultimately, this will prepare generations of leaders in the Central
Valley who are critical thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy's first school opened in Delano in 2009, serving
students from across the Central Valley in grades 6-12. In 2016, we
moved to our new, state-of-the-art college prep campus in Delano,
and in the Fall of 2017, added an elementary school in Delano and
opened a second charter school in Lost Hills. In Delano, we serve
over 1,800 students in grades TK-12, while in Lost Hills, we serve
almost 400 students in grades K-9 and will grow to serve students
through 12th grade over the next four years.
Our fully equipped science labs and makerspaces ensure students
of all grades engage in hands-on learning with access to
state-of-the-art technology. Our comprehensive art, music and
athletic programs provide students with the opportunity to pursue
passions outside of academics, and we prioritize health and
wellness as a critical life skill from outdoor classes in learning
gardens and our farm-to-table cafeterias, to our on-campus student
health centers. The Academy aims to provide every opportunity for
our students that often is not found in public or charter schools,
including the ability to graduate from high school with a free
Associate Degree. In addition, all graduates are eligible to earn a
four-year renewable college scholarship through the generous
support of Lynda and Stewart Resnick.
We seek thoughtful, inclusive, skilled communicators, and
creative problem-solvers who value continuous learning and who are
excited to serve our students and families. Now is the time to join
a team making enduring change within the Central Valley of
California and beyond.
Wonderful College Prep Academy has a unique partnership with the
Wonderful Company. Click here to learn more about the Wonderful
Company's other great philanthropic partnerships.
A day in the life at Wonderful:
- Prepare lesson plans for a program designed to increase
academic achievement, physical fitness, and awareness of healthy
eating habits for approval by the After-School Program Coordinator
at least one week in advance.
- Assist the After-School Program Coordinator and After School
Site Lead in developing, organizing, and implementing activities
that promote the mission of the after-school
- Record student attendance and submit daily to the After-School
Program Site Lead no later than fifteen (15) minutes into the start
of your session each day.
- Manage student behavior through use of positive reinforcement
strategies and communicate any incidents to the
After-School-Program Site Lead no later than end of
- Attend all after-school program staff meetings and up to three
(3) professional development days per year, all of which will be
held during your regularly scheduled time of 2:30pm - 6:30pm.
- Effectively communicate with all after-school program
- Call the After-School Program Site Lead or After-School Program
Coordinator to inform them of any tardy or absence from work as
early as possible, not later than 12:00pm on the day of your
intended tardy or
- Arrive to work at your scheduled time every day and be prepared
to work on your lesson plans during the daily prep time (2:30pm -
- Attend trainings offered by
Your contribution to Wonderful:
- Minimum of one (1) year prior experience working in a school,
after-school program environment, or other community based
organization that provides programming for children.
- Prior experience leading instruction in a small-group or
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with students,
families, and staff of diverse ethnic, racial, cultural,
educational, and economic
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Ability to successfully pass a background check (including
fingerprints) upon official offer and acceptance of a position
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless
candidate has a legally valid exemption.
Skills and Traits:
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Exceptional organization skills
- Classroom management skills
- Ability to manage and interpret data
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Continuous learner mindset and commitment to excellence
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Free access to the Wonderful Wellness Clinic
- Free access to the Wonderful Fitness Center
- Company paid health/vision/dental for self
- Voluntary 403b
- Positions are bonus eligible
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to
the west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most
productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful
Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate
climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of
living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities.
From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and
surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly
Central Valley has much to offer.
Wonderful College Prep Academy is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual
stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
Click here to view our Privacy Notice.