Company: American Tire Distributors
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be
sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for
legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your
people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join
our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier
tire distributor, ATD's coast-to-coast distribution network
provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada
with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom
wheels and shop supplies.
Under the general direction of the Mixing Center operations
supervisor/manager, the Lead Person is responsible for assisting
Management with multiple tasks such as training, coaching, and
onboarding new and existing associates. Assists with the day to day
operation, performs daily inventory accuracies, and adheres to the
company/mixing center policies and procedures. Supports Management
in achieving optimal productivity by delegating tasks to assigned
team members while maintaining levels of quality, accuracy of
inventory, and safety of associates. Performs a variety of duties
relating to warehousing, product movement, and inventory functions
within the Mixing Center. Provides feedback to Management as to the
team member's job performance as needed. Assist with administering
the safety program set forth by ATD.
- Meets with Supervisor/Manager on a daily basis to discuss goal
attainment, inventory levels, and to ensure timelines are being
met. Leads all associates in achieving discussed goals.
- Works with the Supervisor/Manager to coordinate the planned
work flow as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring his/her team are fulfilling their
roles and running smoothly per the Management's instructions.
- Works closely with Management to ensure the integrity and
accuracy of the inventory to achieve an absolute inventory variance
of 2% or less.
- Ensures all team members have the necessary resources to
complete assigned tasks and running at optimum levels throughout
the shift in support of leadership team objectives.
- Provides on the job training, cross training to new and
existing associates on a consistent basis using the SEAL onboarding
tools and processes.
- Responsible for completing process, accuracy, and production
reports associated with daily goals and communicate findings to the
- Responsible for adhering to all company policies and department
procedures and reporting any non-compliance by team members to
- Acts as the liaison between team members and Management to
facilitate good communication and airing of complaints from both
parties, and see to it that all issues are sorted out.
- Assists with administering the safety program set forth by
American Tire Distributors to ensure a clean and safe working
- Provides recommendations on process improvement and may assist
- Any other applicable duties and responsibilities assigned by
Key Partners (Positions):
- Mixing Center - General Manager, Operations Manager, Operations
Supervisor(s), Inventory Control Manager, Dispatcher, Safety
Coordinator, Office Administrator, Warehouse Person(s), Inventory
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: High school diploma or GED preferred but not
- Experience: Computer literacy is required, excellent
organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company,
in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
Key Competencies :
- Self-management: Set well defined and realistic goals. Display
initiative and commitment to meet goals, to be multitask, and work
with minimal supervision.
- Decision Making: Make sound, well informed and objective
decisions. Understand the impact of the decisions made to
effectively motivate and lead others.
- Creative Thinking: Use imagination to develop solutions to
problems. Always remember what worked yesterday no longer works
- Continuous Learning: Recognize strengths and weaknesses. Allow
feedback from others and pursue self-development.
- Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and
in full compliance with American Tire Distributors "Code of
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively with all departments to
coordinate effective work environment. Share information and foster
the exchange of ideas.
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the
consequences of one's behavior, decisions, and results.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this
job, the associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit;
use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls;
reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the associate must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by the job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this
job, the associate is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at
the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Travel required: 0%
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable
accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract
of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by
American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the
company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for
any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: American Tire Distributors, Bakersfield , Warehouse, Other , Shafter, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!