# of Openings
Now hiring Event Specialists and Product Demonstrators!!
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING PART-TIME OPPORTUNITY? We offer
a flexible schedule and competitive pay!
This role acts as the brand representative for suppliers within
retail locations. Lead Retail Event Specialists are responsible for
introducing customers to new and exciting products and brands
within the retail location through food and non-food events. Lead
Retail Event Specialists are responsible for all aspects of the
events including preparing, setting-up, and cooking and cutting
food items while maintaining a clean environment and following all
food safety and handling requirements. This position engages with
customers to communicate key points about the products being
This role also assists the Supervisor in his or her absence.
This may involve the following: organizing demonstrations and
ensuring each event executes on time, ensuring all demonstration
carts are clean, the kitchen remains clean and organized, and
printing needed materials.
- Preparing, setting-up, cooking, cutting food items while
maintain a clean environment
- Engaging with retail location customers to communicate key
points about products being demonstrated
- Ensuring compliance with food safety and handling
- Working with the team to achieve sales goals of the products
you are demonstrating
- Assisting the Supervisor with event execution, preparing
necessary paperwork, and ensuring event schedules are executed in a
Competitive Pay RatesWeekly PayPaid Training401K PlanPart Time
BenefitsCareer Growth Opportunities
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Access to a smartphone to report work completed on day
completed Must have availability on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and
major holidays (other weekday shifts may be available from
time-to-time) The ability to lift and carry up to +25lbs with
occasional lifting and carrying High School Diploma or GEDof up to
- The ability to use email Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties of this position The ability to stand to perform the event
for the duration of the event a time
- Able to communicate and interact with customers on a regular
basis and in a professional manner Ability to push or pull a
wheeled demonstration cart weighing up to 300lbs
- Create a positive product impression and generate brand
awareness for onsite/in-store food and non-food
- Proactively intercept, engage, interact and communicate with
consumers to demonstrate products features and benefits in a
- Possess the ability to acquire and maintain knowledge of
- Properly prepares event table/cart (set up & breakdown) for
- Ability to prepare and serve food and beverage samples using
required appliances, such as; microwave, convection oven, electric
fryer, skillet, juicer, coffee maker, cooking utensils,
forks/knives and hot oils.
- Maintain a clean, sterile and safe work station using cleaning
- Maintain an overall professional appearance consistent with the
requirements of the role.
- Provide excellent customer service and develop a professional
working relationship with store personnel to effectively meet
CROSSMARK'S and client objectives.
- Accurately prepare and submit all online requirements on the
day of event demonstration/execution.
- Ability to access the internet, navigate through CROSSMARK's
electronic systems, using web based Microsoft Outlook, and
capability to view assigned documents, including Microsoft Word &
Adobe PDF forms.
- Follow CROSSMARK's policies, procedures and position
- Although not required, experience in the following areas is a
- Retail Sales
- Customer Service
- Product Demonstration
- Brand Ambassador
- Food Service Handling
Hours of Operations & Availability (Part-Time Associate)
- This role is not expected to exceed 25 hours a week, although
CROSSMARK does maintain discretion to change the hours, based on
the needs of the client and or business.
- Required availability: Saturday and Sunday 10 am - 7 pm.
- Most shifts are 6 hours in length, including breaks.
- Events run on a staggered shift schedule primarily between the
preferred hours of 10 am & 7 pm- 7 days a week. The number of
events vary per week, so your assigned schedule depends on the work
load for that week. Periodically, we do have special events that
occur on different days and hours.
Computer and Technology Proficiency
- Daily access to a computer with internet connection is
- Team members must be able to navigate through CROSSMARK's web
based platform, and ability to view assigned documents in MS Word
and Adobe PDF.
- All training, project scheduling and time reporting is utilized
via a virtual web based platform.
- Our technology platform does not support mobile/tablet
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The employee will be regularly required to: Stand up to 4 hours
at a time without a break; Walk; Use hands and fingers to handle or
feel; Reach with hands and arms (including reaching overhead); Talk
and hear; Visual ability to read instructions and perform events;
Stoop; Kneel; Crouch; Climb (including use of a 6' ladder);
Balance; Lift and carry up to 25 pounds (including occasional
lifting of up to 50 pounds); Push and pull a wheeled demonstration
cart weighing up to 300 pounds fully laden with appliances,
supplies and product; Prepare foods and beverages using the
required appliances, such as cooking utensils, knives, convection
oven, fryer, coffee maker, electric fryer, microwaves and hot oils;
Be in contact with cleaning supplies.
- Orange Juicer: some demos require routinely lifting of up to 50
- Pineapple Corer: equipment contains sharp edges
- Tortilla Maker: exposure to heated and pressurized
Associates must present a professional, neat, clean, and
appropriately groomed appearance. Specific Retailer Dress code
requirements are: long-sleeve, button-down white collared shirt
along with full length black pants, and solid black, low-heel,
closed-toe/closed-heel shoes. CROSSMARK will supply a baseball type
cap, and an apron.
Health Code Requirements
Hair must be tucked into the ball cap or hair net, exposed
facial hair may require a beard guard. No facial jewelry, including
tongue eyebrow or nose piercings. Tattoos which are not covered by
the uniform including face and neck must be covered with a bandage
Specialized Knowledge, License, etc
Food Safety Training & Protocol provided; Local Food handlers
permit may be required.
(Environment in which the job is performed): Retail store
environment with some travel.
English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills
may be required based on business necessity.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred,
equivalent job related experience will be considered as well.
Associates are required to submit to a standard background check
and drug screening as required when designated by the client
This job description does not imply that the above functions are
the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected,
if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and
perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.