Company: Clinica Sierra Vista
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position serves as the consumer's welcoming point for
specialty mental health service requests and is the principal staff
member responsible for the smooth flow of patients throughout the
Clinic's various services. The receptionist makes appointments for
client's needs according to written protocols and directs clients
to appropriate providers. The receptionist assures that the time
for the day is well scheduled for all providers. The position
requires an individual who can function independently, who can
prioritize activities, and who will respect the confidentiality of
- Welcomes individuals served by telephone or in person with
their requests for specialty mental health service and in their
ongoing care at the clinic.
- Make appointments for clients according to written
- Answers all incoming calls.
- Verifies insurance coverage at each client appointment.
- Maintains an inviting and informative central lobby area,
stocked with written materials informing individuals served about
mental health and co-occurring services, recovery concepts, and
other supportive community organizations.
- Maintains materials for client activities specific to the
populations served. (I.e. appropriate games or writing material at
a children's site.)
- On a scheduled temporary basis may be required to work at any
- Other work as required.
- Graduation from High School or equivalent GED.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Minimum of two years' experience in a medical setting or one
years' experience in a behavioral health setting, or other equaling
- Knowledge of community resources and collaborative agencies;
skilled in verbal and written communication with individuals and
their families challenged by behavioral health issues.
- Able to deliver excellent customer service to diverse and
difficult populations with respect and sensitivity.
- Bending/Twisting 5%
- Stooping 5%
- Walking 20%
- Sitting 30%
- Push/Pulling 5%
- Reaching Overhead N/A
- Driving 10%
- Standing 5%
- Kneeling/Crawling N/A
- Repetitive Motion 20% (keyboard)
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Clinica Sierra Vista values human rights, goodwill, respect,
inclusivity, equality, and recognizes that the organization derives
its strength from a rich diversity of thoughts, ideas, and
contributions. As leaders in healthcare industry, we aspire to be
an employer of choice by promoting an organizational culture that
reflects these core values. We seek to attract, develop, and retain
a talented and dedicated workforce where people of diverse races,
genders, religions, cultures, political affiliations and lifestyles
thrive. Our goal is to create a welcoming and inclusive environment
that empowers our employees to provide the highest level of service
to our community of residents and businesses; they're counting on
Clinica Sierra Vista is an equal opportunity employer and
strives to attract qualified applicants from all walks of life
without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national
origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital status, ancestry, physical disability, mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and
veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state
and/or local law. We aim to create an environment that celebrates
and embraces the diversity of our workforce. We welcome you to join
Keywords: Clinica Sierra Vista, Bakersfield , Receptionist- BH, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!