Wonderful Real Estate, the property management arm of the
company, is seeing an experienced Maintenance Engineer in our
Bakersfield, CA office. You will join our team to oversee the
operations of a portfolio of a mixed use commercial real estate
A Day In the Life at Wonderful:
Under minimal supervision, the Maintenance Engineer is
responsible for providing superior client service and operational
excellence through visual and virtual building rounds to ensure
equipment and systems are functioning as designed and documents
findings through verbal and written means. At times performing
preventive maintenance, monitoring continuous operation of all
building systems and process including; fire/life safety,
mechanical HVAC, critical systems, data centers, plumbing,
controls, electrical, lighting, UPS, PDU, generators, primary witch
gear) emergency backup systems, hot water and RO/DI water systems
to ensure 100% up time through automated systems.
Operates facilities systems in a safe and efficient manner in
accordance with government, regulatory compliance, best practice
and standard operating procedures. Monitors systems and process for
potential problems makes adjustments if necessary and formulates
solutions for repair.
- Complies with all written and verbal communications including
business plans, guidelines.
- Respond effectively to all emergencies.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and
- Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and performs
other duties assigned.
- Performs routine inspections, ensure that operational logs,
paperwork requests, and other documentation are completed timely
with accurate information in accordance with written policies.
- Understands and operates systems (building automated
- Communicates daily with technical staff, call center staff,
clients, facility managers, and management.
- Assists with property budget, vendors' scope of work and
sub-contractor building process.
- Promotes efficient and cost reduction initiatives to improve
the operating performance of the property while ensuring excellent
service to the tenants and maintaining company's asset.
- Assists with monitoring of all Sub-Contractor agreements to
assure full compliance with scope work is performed.
- Assists with capital and tenant improvement projects.
- Reports safety and security violations and recommend
Your Contribution to Wonderful:
- Minimum 5 years of experience maintaining a 215,000 sq.ft
building with a modern central plant and cooling towers.
- At least two years of a college a plus.
- Building operator certification BOC level 1 and if equivalent,
Other: Construction management experience a plus.
Detail oriented, organized and computer proficient.
Self-motivated, can multi-task, personable and team player with
experience in a fast paced environment.
Commitment to values and strong business ethics are
Exceptional organization and time management skills
Work well under pressure.
Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively
with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
Able to work flexible hours including after hours.
Knowledge of building Fire Life Safety and Fire Protection
Wonderful's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7
online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, weekly L&OD webinars, and
- Training in continuous improvement and project management
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate
company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a
privately held $5 billion company dedicated to harvesting health
around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's
10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers
everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and
pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating
colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment
is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios is
America's No. 1 tree nut and America's fastest-growing snack;
Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM
Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI
Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand;
JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and
Teleflora is the world's leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at
its heart and giving back at its core. The company has a
long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility,
including more than $1 billion invested in environmental
sustainability; $65 million in charitable giving, education
initiatives, and innovative health and wellness programs each year;
and $143 million toward the construction of two charter school
campuses in California's Central Valley.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its
core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook,
Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social
Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected
Please click here to view our Privacy Notice.