Senior Field Service Representative
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Eaton's Engineering Service & Systems division is
currently seeking a Senior Field Service Representative to join our
team. The position will be based at our City of Industry or
Bakersfield CA facility location.
Eaton's Engineering Service & Systems division
wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most
experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the
industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to
field service engineering. Active participation in recognized
technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a
variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians
are knowledgeable about today's cutting edge technology and
engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the
power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment,
performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing
system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a
24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses
make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing
performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career
opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope
and responsibility within the organization. The Senior Field
Service Engineer provides field service engineering and technical
assistance to customers in areas of installation, startup,
maintenance, and repair, training, and modification of electrical
power distribution equipment; self-manage assigned projects for
electrical equipment; provide technical solutions to customers;
perform less conventional complex engineering assignments that may
involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, process
studies, or research investigations
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
- Continuously improve personal, technical and professional
business skills enabling incumbent to service products to
customer's satisfaction through keeping current with product
technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair
various products and to instruct others.
- Provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on service work
performed, product performance, and warranty liabilities to company
expense and time allocation.
- Become computer efficient using laptops provided and mastering
all required software.
- Maintain all service equipment including all test equipment,
tools issued to meet specifications including EBE, ISO
requirements, etc. in good working condition and maintain
sufficient inventory to respond to standard calls.
- Provide customers basic applications information via phone or
on site consultation and be available for 24-hour x 7 days a week
on call duty and respond to emergency situations with minimal
- Demonstrate ability to service newly designed and experimental
equipment, which has not been seen before, and instill confidence
in the customer.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with
customers, authorized service shops, other service organizations,
and product business units to assure customer satisfaction.
Incumbent demonstrates an awareness of customer needs, preferences,
and time and financial constraints.
- Proven customer service, sales ability, and ability to handle
irate or difficult customers and gain satisfaction.
- Demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling,
electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations
encountered at diverse work sites.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience evaluating and servicing
electrical distribution or control systems.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates within a 50-mile radius of the locations listed will be
considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and
servicing electrical distribution and control systems
- Experience performing power quality measurements,
troubleshooting, and analysis
- Experience with protective relays
- NICET/NETA certification
Position Success Criteria
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong computer skills
- Understanding of the company's and competitor's electrical,
electronic and mechanical products and services.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working
with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company
interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug
- Possess an active and unrestricted driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain a government TWIC card
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-California-City Of Industry
City of Industry CA Loc
ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton
facility) allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition ID :097116
Keywords: Eaton, Bakersfield , Senior Field Service Representative, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!