Phlebotomy Lead - Bakersfield
Company: Sonic Healthcare USA
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
General Description and Essential Functions
- In addition to duties as a CPT 1, employee will:
- Will assist in ensuring the Phlebotomy department is in
compliance with Federal, State, HIPAA, CAP, CLIA regulations and
all Company Compliance Policies.
- Will monitor staff and performance at Patient Service Centers
(PSC). Perform staff development for employees assigned to PSCs in
- Will manage Phlebotomy operating policies and procedures for
best practices and companywide consistency.
- Will provide clerical, practical and computer training for PSC
- Will perform quality assurance in each PSC by visiting each
site on a regular basis.
- Will contact Phlebotomy staff in a professional manner when
errors occur and provide documentation for re-training and
- Will report any facility needs to immediate supervisor for
- Will work with internal departments to resolve operational and
- Will be responsible for completing all employee competencies
for their area.
- Will work with Phlebotomy Manager to complete staff's
evaluations when due.
- Will work daily to address errors, recollects and staff
complaints in their area.
- Will be responsible for the scheduling of all staff in their
- Will cover shifts at PSCs in their area when
- Will work in a professional and cooperative manner with
Phlebotomy Manager to resolve interdepartmental issues or
- Will assist with all NEW PSC's and when a PSC is being
- Participates in and supports all Quality Assurance and Quality
Improvement endeavors for the laboratory, as applicable
- Will perform any additional duties assigned by the Phlebotomy
- In addition to an employee's typical work schedule, this
position requires employees to work weekends, split shifts,
overtime, and holidays if needed by the company. Other duties may
apply as necessary.
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Extensive computer work
- Frequent use of telephone and fax
- Occasional travel required to interact with Division personnel
and/or attend meetings, educational training
Work Experience and Educational Requirements
- Valid Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1 Certificate
- 3-5 years previous experiences in training or lead position
- Proven leadership abilities to successfully coach and motivate
staff while maintaining composure and professionalism.
- If employee is required to operate a company vehicle for the
performance of their duties, they must meet applicable company
insurance guidelines, including a DMV record comparable to that of
a Transportation Courier
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
WestPac Labs, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Sonic Healthcare USA, Bakersfield , Phlebotomy Lead - Bakersfield, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!