Health Aide (2020-21 School Year)
Company: Panama-Buena Vista Union School District
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the general direction of the site administration and
District Nurses, the Health Aide will perform a variety of
functions and activities pertaining to the health care,
instruction, and training of students with disabilities; perform a
variety of routine clerical and supporting activities for
instructional personnel; and perform other related work as
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist instructional personnel with the planning, organization,
and implementation of instructional, training, and health care
activities with students experiencing various physical and learning
- Work with individual students to reinforce and follow up
learning and training activities.
- Monitor and assist children in a variety of self-help
activities, including dressing, feeding, toileting, and
- Perform specialized health care procedures under the
supervision of the District Nurse for such students who experience
severe respiratory difficulty (suctioning), seizures, and those
with catheter and colostomy appliances.
- Assist with the dispensing of medication, observe students for
signs of unusual health symptoms and perform electronic blood
pressure test procedures as required.
- Direct students into safe learning activities and functions,
and assist in shaping of appropriate social behaviors.
- Assist in the management of student behavior through the use of
positive reinforcement strategies and techniques.
- Assist in the preparation of a variety of instructional
materials and learning aids.
- Assist children with braces and other mechanical
- Lift and move students who require assistance.
- Perform a variety of clerical, housekeeping and instructional
related functions for the teacher and students.
- Assist with yard supervision.
- Respect confidential matters.
- Monitor and assist students with special learning needs in
drill, practice, and study activities as a follow-up to the
presentation of instructional lessons by instructional
- Maintain a variety of records and files, including confidential
student records and information.
- Operate and assist students in the operation of a variety of
- Monitor and assist in the remediation of specific learning
- Assist students with activities to develop small muscle and
- Help students with projects and work experience
- May perform routine first aid and CPR.
- Request appropriate assistance for serious pupil injury or
- Maintain or assist in maintaining an orderly, attractive, and
positive learning environment.
- Assist in the development of communication skills, using manual
communication, with students who experience language and hearing
- Attend meetings and trainings required by the district.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires the ability to follow oral and written directions, and
the ability to communicate with students, staff, parents and the
public using patience and courtesy, and in a manner that reflects
positively on the District. Must be able to work well independently
and as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
Licenses and Certificates:
- High School diploma or GED.
Salary and Terms of Service: 13.85 per hour
Required Application Procedure:
Apply Online. An online application and all documents supporting
the application requirements noted above must accompany your
application by the closing date in order to receive consideration
for this position. It shall be the applicant's responsibility to
supply copies of all documentation, letters of recommendation etc.
or other related materials.
A screening committee will evaluate each application, personal
resume, and other letters of reference. Interviews will be
scheduled for qualified applicants. If after interviews suitable
applicants are not found, the search will continue. As required by
California State Law, should you be employed by the District, your
fingerprints will be taken and submitted to the Justice Department
and the FBI for a background check. Processing fee will be at
Keywords: Panama-Buena Vista Union School District, Bakersfield , Health Aide (2020-21 School Year), Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!