Company: Grimmway Farms
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Join the current sales staff and sell mixed vegetables in a fast
paced, demanding environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accountable for customer orders from inception through
- Keying customer information, including orders, into the
internal GIS system from faxes, emails, and web based systems.
- Coordinate with production and shipping departments on a daily
- Answer high volume of incoming sales calls.
- Daily customer service activities for assigned accounts,
includes answering phones and taking orders in a professional
- Accurate management of pricing and items for each assigned
- Responsible for resolving accounting problems with each
- Responsible for tracking assigned accounts buying patterns and
making management aware of any potential issues.
- Additional responsibilities may be required to ensure customer
coverage in the absence of another sales associate.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position throughout most
of the working day. Ability to occasionally move about inside the
office and adjacent office building. Ability to operate a computer
and other office productivity equipment.
- BA/BS college degree required.
- Work experience in produce sales preferred.
- Experience with Web base ordering systems (Itrade and
Foodlinks) is preferred.
- Must be familiar with the workings of markets - both wholesale
- Must be computer literate and able to grasp a quick
understanding of new systems.
- Must have an understanding of confidentiality and ability to
maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to learn to coordinate fresh production and
- Must be accurate in keying in orders and information.
- Possess the ability to interact with the current sales staff
and customers with a professional attitude and appearance.
- Must have excellent relationship building skills, and be an
excellent communicator including interpersonal, written, and verbal
communication skills in English.
- Must be detail oriented and possess good analytical
- Must demonstrate history of dependability (good
- Some travel, weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean DMV driving
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen and background
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Local car dealers discounts for Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease
- Subsidized gym membership with InShape health clubs
- Free on-site personal training and other wellness-focused
activities at company gym
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout
Keywords: Grimmway Farms, Bakersfield , Sales Associate, Other , Arvin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!