Organic harvesting Supervisor
Company: Grimmway Farms
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Supervise the organic harvesting department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in
organic harvesting and transporting product from the fields.
- Travels to different fields and executes shift activities and
directs workers to different fields for harvest.
- Figures loads per field and how many fields are being
- Figure quantity and quality tonnage.
- Consults with growers and other key personnel.
- Researches, plans, organizes, orders truck, and sets-up for
- Goes over condition of fields for harvesting.
- Uses independent judgment when troubleshooting issues that
arise in the fields.
- Reports any repairs or maintenance required with organic
harvesting equipment directly to the assistant manager.
- Enforces safety regulations and conducts monthly safety
trainings in the field.
- Goes over conditions of fields for harvesting and deals with
any related problems in a timely manner.
- Exercises discretion by identifying issues with product,
equipment and staff in the harvesting fields.
- Recommends opportunities for business improvement with the
assistant organic harvesting manager.
- Maintains records of production and worker timesheets.
- Position requires seasonal travel to Cuyama, Tehachapi,
Caliente and Bakersfield and relocation to Yuma, El Centro,
Coachella and Calexico five (5) months out of the year.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the assistant organic
Ability to frequently move about in the farming fields. Ability
to continuously work with product and equipment at ground level and
uneven surfaces. Must be able to work in adverse and uncomfortable
weather conditions including high temperatures and dusty, dirty
conditions. Ability to work on uneven terrain both on foot and
while aboard moving equipment. Ability to get on and off various
stationary and moving equipment. Must be able to move items
weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Must have 5 years' experience in organic harvesting.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with all levels of
- Must be able to troubleshoot harvesting equipment.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel and
- Supervisory or equivalent experience required.
- Must be knowledgeable of company policies.
- Must be willing to travel to Coachella Valley five (5) months
out of the year.
- Must be bi-lingual, English/Spanish, with ability to speak,
read, and write in both.
- Must have a valid driver's license with clean DMV driving
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and
functional capacity evaluation.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Local car dealers discounts for Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease
- Subsidized gym membership with InShape health clubs
- Free on-site personal training and other wellness-focused
activities at company gym
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout
Keywords: Grimmway Farms, Bakersfield , Organic harvesting Supervisor, Other , Lamont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!