Funeral Services Assistant
Company: Service Corporation International
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Provides clerical and administrative assistance supporting
funeral operations. Other general duties include meeting the
general public, answering questions and providing information on
funeral and cremation information and other related topics,
answering phones courteously and in a polite manner, assisting on
funeral, memorial and other services or ceremonies as requested by
funeral home clients and management. Attendance at monthly staff
meeting is expected.
The Funeral Services Assistant duties must be performed
consistent with company mission and values and adherence to company
policies and procedures.
- Prepares for services to include delivering and setting up
floral arrangements, chairs, caskets, urns, photos and other
personal keepsakes or mementos of client families; ensures proper
care and storage of any of these items
- Prepares documents related to services, cremations,
maintenance, as directed by management
- Assists with respectful preparation of remains of deceased,
including dressing and lifting deceased, or operation of crematory,
as permitted by law and in keeping with company regulations
- Performs office duties such as answering phones and operating
fax machine, computer, multiline phone system, debit card machine,
typewriter, postage meter and scale and stereo/video system.
- Run errands such as for floral delivery, picking up of
supplies, documents, etc
- Serves as an usher and may park cars or perform any
- Drives Funeral Home vehicles for services and picking up
- Ensures refreshments are available (where allowed by law)
- Assist with visitations, memorial and funeral services which
may include; visitation and chapel set up, dressing and casketing
remains, delivering family items and flowers.
- Prepares documents related to services, cremations, maintenance
- Greets and receives client families and / or other persons
entering the office for information and assistance
- Accommodates the needs of the family during a service and/or
- May wash and clean funeral home vehicles and other client
vehicles as required from time to time
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service and/or sales experience
- Proficient with MS Office suite and databases preferred;
ability and willingness to learn required
- Valid state driver's license with an acceptable driving record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Professional behaviors and team player
Postal Code: 93306
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-CA - Bakersfield
Keywords: Service Corporation International, Bakersfield , Funeral Services Assistant, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!